Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to get Smittyman (of TNet fame) to take me hunting on Thursday of last week. As is typical of Smittyman, he had everything perfectly aligned for me to have an epic day, one the best that I have ever had.

The first couple of spots were not so hot, then we hunted a really nice little house from the 1940s. We split the yards up left side/right side and I drew left side this time. I got a few wheaties so I knew we were at the right spot. All of a sudden, I get a really nice big high tone to the Deus, and it does not sound like a beer can. I dig a plug, and BANG! 1936 Walker. The sight of that big silver disc in the hole just makes you shutter. About 10 minutes later I picked up a Merc.

We proceeded to a big house built in 1908, we got a few targets, but surprisingly, the place did not yield much. I did find the bottom part of a medal that was issued to Confederate veterans at the 1907 Richmond CSA veterans reunion. I thought it was really cool that possibly the medal had once hung from the jacket of a CSA vet.

The best find of the day was a sweet Tootsie Jaguar racecar... purple and all four wheels still attached, what more could you ask for?

I got a dozen wheaties, and an aluminum George Washington token too.

Silver coins #53 & #54 YTD.
Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• IMG_20141211_113250_231-1.jpg
    IMG_20141211_113250_231-1.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20141212_101220.jpg
    IMG_20141212_101220.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20141212_092100_389-1.jpg
    IMG_20141212_092100_389-1.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20141212_101741_051-1.jpg
    IMG_20141212_101741_051-1.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 25

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go tough guy! I'm jelly, that metal and your silver makes my jellyousiness come out! lol That CSA metal is WAY cool, I hope Smittyman is ok and found stuff too, his jellyousness might be high also. They are in really nice shape for dug items!

LOL, JK buddy, congrats, you have been on fire.

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! Keep it up.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is allot of wheat too, you must of just got to work! Hard to believe no IH's, they sound a little scratchy sometimes to me and close to a wheat, maybe they were hiding on Smittymans side? Still great bud, good job!

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the big silver and awesome medal. Very nice bunch of finds.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Great job, those silvers are great but man that medal is absolutely awesome!, I'm gonna sit here in the frozen northeast and wallow in my sorrows til March lol

Great digs!!!

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go tough guy! I'm jelly, that metal and your silver makes my jellyousiness come out! lol That CSA metal is WAY cool, I hope Smittyman is ok and found stuff too, his jellyousness might be high also. They are in really nice shape for dug items!

LOL, JK buddy, congrats, you have been on fire.

Thanks treble hunter - I am ok but didn't find much that day - just a few wheats and the rest of the weekend followed suit. On the positive side we were in my truck and after Tom made his best finds and he was ready to head home early I dragged him around :laughing7:with me for another 5 hours or so while I tried to score. We take our small victories where we can.:laughing7:

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get Smittyman (of TNet fame) to take me hunting on Thursday of last week. As is typical of Smittyman, he had everything perfectly aligned for me to have an epic day, one the best that I have ever had.

The first couple of spots were not so hot, then we hunted a really nice little house from the 1940s. We split the yards up left side/right side and I drew left side this time. I got a few wheaties so I knew we were at the right spot. All of a sudden, I get a really nice big high tone to the Deus, and it does not sound like a beer can. I dig a plug, and BANG! 1936 Walker. The sight of that big silver disc in the hole just makes you shutter. About 10 minutes later I picked up a Merc.

We proceeded to a big house built in 1908, we got a few targets, but surprisingly, the place did not yield much. I did find the bottom part of a medal that was issued to Confederate veterans at the 1907 Richmond CSA veterans reunion. I thought it was really cool that possibly the medal had once hung from the jacket of a CSA vet.

The best find of the day was a sweet Tootsie Jaguar racecar... purple and all four wheels still attached, what more could you ask for?

I got a dozen wheaties, and an aluminum George Washington token too.

Silver coins #53 & #54 YTD.
Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Congrats on the walker and reunion medal. Looking forward to our next dirt fishing trip.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks treble hunter - I am ok but didn't find much that day - just a few wheats and the rest of the weekend followed suit. On the positive side we were in my truck and after Tom made his best finds and he was ready to head home early I dragged him around :laughing7:with me for another 5 hours or so while I tried to score. We take our small victories where we can.:laughing7:

The company was delightful, but the 12 hours of hunting was exhausting! I left the house before sunrise, and returned after dark. Thanks again Smittyman, YOU ROCK!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds, Tom. The Walker, Merc, and Tootsie toy are nice. LOVE the CS medal, that's a great find.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds Tom! John showed me a pic, I thought you found a 2 cent piece?

Thanks Josh. That darned Todd Lipe found the Barber quarter and the 2 cent piece... I just picked up the scraps. GL&HH!

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, Love the Walker.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, nothing like a big silver Walker in the hole! The CSA reunion medal is hands down the find of the day (sorry tootsie toy).

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love those toy cars ( all kinds) but that CS Reunion Medal rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That medal is definitely the best! Great job!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the Confederate Veterans' medal - great hunt!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I found that same Tootsie a few weeks ago, was a really neat find because I remember having that same car as a kid!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread