Metal Detecting
Agin the rules dude

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GM, I will delete it for you sir.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found a gold deposit that assayers say is running 40 to 60 oz. per ton in gold.(I find that a little hard to swallow) Area is in Bradshaw Mtns. AZ.(Deleted by mod for rule violation)

We are very active in the Bradshaws. Here's some advice.

The ore bodies in the Bradshaws are very pocketized. Meaning it could be a small pocket of high grade then nothing for several hundred feet.

I can tell you this from an investor standpoint as I talked to one last night. Show me one assay and I'll laugh you out of my office. Show me a dozen, you might get my interest. Show me a dozen core samples spread out and mapped, you just might get my attention.

AnnaMountain

Dec 10, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are very active in the Bradshaws. Here's some advice.

The ore bodies in the Bradshaws are very pocketized. Meaning it could be a small pocket of high grade then nothing for several hundred feet.

I can tell you this from an investor standpoint as I talked to one last night. Show me one assay and I'll laugh you out of my office. Show me a dozen, you might get my interest. Show me a dozen core samples spread out and mapped, you just might get my attention.

So true :icon_thumleft:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a picture of this high grade rock?

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40-60 ounces per ton has never been found in the Bradshaws unless its a small veinlet. You can pick maybe a single lens, or a few feet of vein running that high. But for example you read an usgs report that says a mine runs .75 opt, thats the average taken over production.. you are gonna find some way over and way under.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you crush and pan it and see gold.

How much % of the gold can you recover.

I mined gold that ran 300 to 500 oz per ton.
but we did not get very much out of each hot spot maybe 2 to 4 pounds of high grade in baseball to grapefruit size pockets
with 1 to 2 tons of 4 to 5 oz per ton rock lens around the high grade.

Average was 6 to 7 oz per ton for the ore body.

i found most miners take grab samples get very high assay reading.

I take channel samples across the tunnel face and channels across the vein.

I have to dig all the rock when you tunnel but with selective blasting you can shoot wall rock and vein rock in two or three blast and just mill the vein rock.
but in some cases there will be gold in the hanging or foot wall rock.

But be careful as i have found good gold outside the vein in the wall rock

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

but we did not get very much out of each hot spot maybe 2 to 4 pounds of high grade in baseball to grapefruit size pockets

I have to dig all the rock when you tunnel but with selective blasting you can shoot wall rock and vein rock in two or three blast and just mill the vein rock.

Thanks for making bonanza grade real Augoldminer! I can't imagine how much fun it was to mine the bonanza grade stuff. Hopefully, some of the material made it into collections or museums. I routinely find small, visible gold specimens in the Bradshaws of Az, but have never found anything super sexy. I would doubt any of what I have found would go over 2 opt and it usually doesn't meet "specimen grade" in my book. It gets crushed.
I gave my best Yavapai county gold/quartz location away to a new friend and now it's under claim and being developed. A short documentary show is now being made about these local miners, mostly about them putting together a custom mill to process the ore from it. Pretty cool if you ask me. End of hijack... :laughing7:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

What you describe sounds like the 16 to 1 mine located here. https://www.google.com/search?gs_ss...i57j46j0l6.38199j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and a partner ran the El Dorado mine next door to the 16 to 1 from 1998 to 2002 and worked with some of the crew that had worked at the 16 to 1.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to the 16 to 1 is on my bucket list for sure..hopefully they will give a professional miner an ‘in depth’ tour not the typical tourist one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions