Big milestone today

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The keepers from todays boxes put me a 1000x 40% halves. Just dropped off a fair quantity in my SDB, the rolls were taking up too much room in my safe lol. Its hard to believe there is really this much silver circulating. Out of the 1000 coins, 12 are 1976 proofs, 2 are 1970S and 2 are 1970D. I do, on average, 15 boxes/week.

HH everyone!

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On doing high volume half boxes:

This is not easy by any means. It is not just about ordering more and dumping more. In general, most banks don't want to order more than two boxes a week and accept more than two re-rolled boxes a week. I work my ass off doing 12 boxes a week.

My coin dumping has taken an extreme turn for the worse, and now I have to work even harder, and never know where I'm going to drop off the 12 boxes until the day I do. The two banks I dump in machines just shortened their bags from $1000 to $500, and now it's always a huge pain with them having to change the bags twice. my best dump bank in town for re-rolled half boxes told me on July 01 they have to be in bags now with a 2-3 day wait. I put them in the bags (2 boxes worth) and returned them, and I am STILL waiting to see my money. I have called customer service and the bank (and stopped in), and it's the biggest goddamn chore in the world trying to get my money from them.

My other best dump bank for re-rolled coins just told me I'm cutoff because they're closing, and are trying to become super efficient. To re-cap, in the last month I've been screwed at every dump bank over one month but one.

In terms of ordering, I tried to order 4 at one bank instead of 2, and they accidentally ordered 8 and then told me not to come back for a long time. Last week two banks forgot to order for me.

I have one new bank that I order from that it takes 3-4 weeks and they always screw me around. First I order, they say 2 weeks, I stop in 2 weeks later and they forgot to order them. So, they say one week and one week later when I stop in they say "we'll call you when they come in, you don't need to stop in." one week later I get a call and finally get them. 1 40%. Keep in mind this is the next town over. Several weeks later, I order again and they say 2 weeks, and we'll call you when they come in. I wait 3 weeks, and stop by there just to look for CWR because I figure they're never going to get my halves. They say "hey, you're halves are in, are you here to pick them up?" I say " I didn't bring the money with me, sorry I thought you would call me to come get them so didn't think they were in." I told them I would get them the next day. The next day, I drive out there and the teller, who is the manger, said no the tellers the day before made a mistake, my boxes weren't in because she forgot to order them. I place a new order and am told it will be two weeks.

One of my historical best pickup banks has insane construction in front of it and no parking spaces. I have to walk several blocks with the coins.

Anyways I don't know what the purpose of this post was, but I am seriously running out of steam here and am thinking about being done with the whole thing. I've CRH for a long f-in time, but I have no tolerance for BS and this is getting ridiculous. Especially considering $1000 of mine has been taken away from me for almost a month, and it's almost to the point I have to call a lawyer

Last edited:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha sorry hamster I forgot what thread I was even replying to there, I was just getting pissed thinking about all that. Congratulations on the milestone!

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your solid box of 40%! I told TimZim this same thing, did you know that you can roll them up, take them to the bank and cash them in for $500? Just think about it, a whole $500! To answer the box total question, I'm doing anywhere from 73-84 boxes a week, and the last 4 weeks have been 73 boxes, 81 boxes, 84 boxes, and 83 boxes. Unfortunately, I did not go the extra mile to complete 100 boxes in one week this July. Hello August, summer is flying by!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread