Big Nickel score! 31 Silver and 11 Buffalo!

jmc_NWA

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys!

Monday afternoon I picked up a box of halves on the way home, searched them, and decided to run them on to the dump bank near the house. Dumped the halves and decided to run into another bank nearby that I don't have an account with and see if I could get a box of nickels for the night. Teller was very helpful and while they didn't have a box, she could come up with $100 worth. It was a combination of $36 MWR and $64 CRW. I could tell some of the wrappers looked old while they were laying on the counter. Got them home and laid them all out and noticed one roll had "1965-66-67" written on it. Of course, I had to start looking for enders! Found the 2 below and found several pre 60 enders. I started with the MWR, which had 9-Pre 60. There were several different wrappers of CWR. $16 only produced 1-Pre 60. $22 gave up 8-Pre 60 and a 43s. The last $26 started getting good. I pulled 9 Silver from one roll, 7 from another, and 8 Buffalo and 4 Silver from another. There were 179 pre 60. Of course, I went back yesterday and bought every CWR they had. A combination of quarters, dimes, nickels and cents. Found a few pre-60 and 4 wheats. Needless to say, I was still going off the high from Monday night's finds!

While talking to the teller yesterday she said that they hate using CWR bc if hey are short in the roll it comes from the teller's count. I said I'd be glad to stop back by occasionally and pick them all up! She also said that they have bags from the coin counter that I could buy if I wanted to also. Score!

Silver Ender.jpg Buffalo Ender.jpg
Silver.jpg Buffalo.jpg

Upvote 0

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I've never heard of that many buffs and silver nickels in $100! Awesome!!

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Was there a 1943d war nickel? I have searched a few thousand dollars worth of nickels and have only found one. Happy hunting!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DaDaDa DamN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...thats freakin wild....ive only found 1 Buff in the wild and it was someones "Dug" coins...Great score!!!!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! Don't see too many nice nickel finds like that. Check the war nicks for 43/2 P. Also any '39 P dates for doubled MONTICELLO.
Congrats!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Good thing u got those rolls instead of a box. That's sure a lot better results than I ever got from a nickel box. Congrats on the great score!

OP
OP
J

jmc_NWA

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Was there a 1943d war nickel? I have searched a few thousand dollars worth of nickels and have only found one. Happy hunting!

Nope! No 43d.

Nice score! Don't see too many nice nickel finds like that. Check the war nicks for 43/2 P. Also any '39 P dates for doubled MONTICELLO.
Congrats!

Had 43d and 4-42p. I'll take a closer look at them this afternoon. Thanks!

Also, found my first 43 non silver in the mix. Still have to check the pre-60s for 39d and 50d.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful. I do at least 1 box of nickels per week. Those are excellent finds!
Congrats!
apush

OP
OP
J

jmc_NWA

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
43 non silver?
a 1943 Henning nickle? or do you meant forty three other non silver nickles?

Thought it was a 1943, but after going back through them I couldn't find it. Must have been a 1948.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread