Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CS, thats a decent price for the 4oz slug, good rule of thumb for any nugget over the 1 oz mark is $1000/oz. asking, then negotiate or let market take over as in this case.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That beautiful piece a canada went for $3,050-double spot is about right unless exotic crystaline specimen. Tons a au 2 u all-John

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I still got the bug, but it's hard to get motivated to go dig in the dirt with a drywasher all week long for $10 worth of gold when I can go to the beach and hit a few good gold rings every once in a while. I've thought about selling my drywasher, gold magic, blower motor, etc to buy a new minelab gold prospecting unit, but then I'd have to travel to the desert to use it. I just haven't been able to justify gettin rid of something that already paid for and just waitin for me to get back into it.
By the way, that's an awesome nugget, but I'd part with it in a heartbeat if I could get that much for it!

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
CS; It isn't costing you anything to let it just set there is it! And if you change your mind about drywashing,you won't have to put out more cash. Just a thought. Fred

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinshooter,that equipment is like money in the bank.Prices rising rapidly and not gonna go down.There are some really great nugget machines around and usually there good for beaches too. My all time favorite is the Tesoro Lobo ST-gold,relics,coins it does an excellent job on them all. Used but not abused available on many forums,but if your married Xmas is coming,great stocking stuffer for the wife,for you to use.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have been thinking along those same lines (keeping it). It's so hard to come up with the cash when you want something and this works already, I just have to get out and use it. My wife is not into this type of stuff at all, but she tolerates my hobbies. At least if I pick a nice stream or pine trees with water nearby she loves it. Desert camping is a little harder to convince her to go out to with a child. Yet, she doesn't want to stay home when there is adventure either, so I guess the best thing would be to get out the old motorhome and do some driving to some good spots so I can use this stuff again. I am close to Julian, but every time I've tried to go anywhere around there, I only find specks of gold if any at all. This is why I have stuck close to the beaches. I can find more gold in a day at the beach than I ever will within 100 miles of my house. Too bad though, because I really enjoy desert prospecting. John, good point about rising prices, I hadn't thought that one out. Were you talking about detectors or drywashers?

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
CS; I have a 2&1/2 hour drive to get to my friends place then another 1/2 hour at low speed on old logging roads then a 10 minute walk(if Bruces feet aren't hurting to much). Then we can shuck the packs before attacking our Pt. Bank!lol So you see everything is relative,time and distance wise. Fred

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread