May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like DFW I have been on a big Silver drought at thrift stores. On my way home I stopped at one I stop in every week and have not found any meaningful silver. I saw in the case four serving pieces wrapped together and I almost skipped them because everything is always plated. Luckily I asked to see them and sure enough three of the four were marked Sterling. All are Gorham pieces and weighing 8.4 Troy ounces! YES!! Btw the set was $7.19. Two of the pieces are from the same pattern. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496455093.202331.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496455109.360157.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496455122.329104.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. So much plated stuff it gets tiring looking for the almighty sterling mark, but when you hit it - its suddenly worth all of the effort.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's crazy when it's protected behind the counter and priced at a steal!! I always assume it's either sterling, and appropriately marked over melt, or it's plate and they are fishing/have no idea.

You're on a roll. Crazy nice big stuff in your other thread. Keep knockin' 'em dead and send a little luck back up north.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's crazy when it's protected behind the counter and priced at a steal!! I always assume it's either sterling, and appropriately marked over melt, or it's plate and they are fishing/have no idea.

You're on a roll. Crazy nice big stuff in your other thread. Keep knockin' 'em dead and send a little luck back up north.

I am definitely on a good run. Keep at it! Your time will come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread