Big silver in the hole!

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I recently got out to a permission that I obtained at an 1820s homesite and quickly learned that the place had been hit before. Whoever had hit this spot left a ton of low tones as well as all of the large high tone coke can type signals as well. Little did they know they left me one heck of a nice find. I still ended up with some other great finds such as a flat button and a nice cw bullet. The find of the day had to be this nice chunk of silver from a very ornate decorative piece. If I had to guess I would say it is part of a sterling mirror handle. Either way it was a lot of fun getting out with friends on a new adventure. I usually video my hunts and you can find me on YouTube as "beep seeker" check me out if you get a chance. This hunt was filmed as well.

2019-06-22-17-35-19.jpg

Upvote 25

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a very cool ornate handle, congrats!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great score! I enjoy the challenge of finding stuff at places that have been hit already- Congrats!

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here! This place had been captured by the union army during the war so either way it was worth the trio to swing the coil. I dont think I'm done with this place yet. The city manager informed me that there are possibly cw trenches in the woods, but that will be a winter project for us for sure.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really is a cool find! I too never back down from the challenge of detecting a previously hunted spot. Congrats!

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is good....BIG SILVER is best! Great hit

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I was seriously expecting a coke can lol it rang up around a 34 on the 600. It was funny because I dug a coke can about 3ft away.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here! This place had been captured by the union army during the war so either way it was worth the trio to swing the coil. I dont think I'm done with this place yet. The city manager informed me that there are possibly cw trenches in the woods, but that will be a winter project for us for sure.

Congratulations on the big silver, very cool piece. With the history of the property I would be digging everything including the big iron. BOL on returning hunts

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting