Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been so busy I haven't had much time to hunt this year, and when I do get the chance I haven't found much. Sadly I haven't been very active around here either, and for that I apologize.

Anyway, I was able to get out for a hunt tonight and it was pretty sweet. I was out at a ploughed field owned by friends of mine. I started to notice lots of broken glass and pottery and knew I found a hot spot.

I've dug a handful of Barber halves, but I haven't found a silver half since 2012! It was so cool to find a Canadian one, you know, seeing as I live in Canada lol. It's a little beat up from the plough, but I'll take it! Was also pleased to dig the 1861 Victorian half penny. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566362409.474908.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566362460.611404.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566362499.285170.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566362526.900076.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566362555.922328.jpg

Thanks for looking and good luck out there

Upvote 36

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great hunt results and before & after photos. It is amazing sometimes how long one can let pass by between hunts--I am just getting back into things after almost a year off. Thanks for sharing.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big thumbs up and no mention of the Barber Dime? That one is a hunny

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Great to see you hitting the board with some awesome finds J. I’d love to find one of those 50 cent coins (or any of the others for that matter).

I know what you mean about being busy and then not finding much when you do get out. My last four hunts have been pretty uneventful at my silver park but I actually think it’s the dry ground that’s the problem as my total finds have also dropped.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt results and before & after photos. It is amazing sometimes how long one can let pass by between hunts--I am just getting back into things after almost a year off. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks cali, I wish you luck as you get back into it. Feels so good!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big thumbs up and no mention of the Barber Dime? That one is a hunny

Thanks trdking. Yes the dime came out in beautiful shape. I was hoping it had an s mintmark!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you hitting the board with some awesome finds J. I’d love to find one of those 50 cent coins (or any of the others for that matter).

I know what you mean about being busy and then not finding much when you do get out. My last four hunts have been pretty uneventful at my silver park but I actually think it’s the dry ground that’s the problem as my total finds have also dropped.

Yes the dry ground is a pain for sure. All my usual spots are tough digging with not many good finds. The ploughed field is easy digging, just gotta find those hot spots. Do you have access to any farm fields?

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Yes the dry ground is a pain for sure. All my usual spots are tough digging with not many good finds. The ploughed field is easy digging, just gotta find those hot spots. Do you have access to any farm fields?

It’s not even the tougher digging which it is. I actually think the machine isn’t banging the targets because conduction is decreased. Could be a lame excuse. [emoji848]

Although my personality would allow me to ask people permission (I can take a no), the reality is I don’t have access. I do most of my hunting either after the kids fall asleep or before they wake up so I can spend time with them and no one wants me prowling around in the dark [emoji2371] That will change soon I guess...

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s not even the tougher digging which it is. I actually think the machine isn’t banging the targets because conduction is decreased. Could be a lame excuse. [emoji848]

Although my personality would allow me to ask people permission (I can take a no), the reality is I don’t have access. I do most of my hunting either after the kids fall asleep or before they wake up so I can spend time with them and no one wants me prowling around in the dark [emoji2371] That will change soon I guess...

I agree, I seem to make more finds when the ground isn’t hard and dry.

As for fields- I find that people are much more likely to let someone wander a field than detect their yard lol.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice old coin shooting! :icon_thumleft:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wow! What a haul. Gotta love when a B nickel, barber dime and Indian head are after thoughts lol. Way to go!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome field! congrats

RVRoamer73

Silver Member