Big Silver--JFK x 3

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Hi folks. Haven't posted in awhile. I've been trying to learn the new White's machine I bought. But I had to send it back to White's to have some updates installed. So, I got the old Explorer out and I'm still doing good with it.

Today, I spent a couple hours in a little wooded park I've hunted before many times. It's good in the summer because there's lots of shade in there. I hunted along a strip of woods that is right next to the street. Lots of junk in there, lots of old rusty beer cans, plumbing fixtures, car parts, door knobs, etc. But after awhile I got a sweet, high-pitched big silver sound. I was pretty sure it was something good, but it was only a half inch deep. I scooped it up and it turned out to be a half dollar. Couldn't tell for sure what kind of half it was as it was all covered in dirt. But I rubbed the dirt of the edge and I could see it was definitely silver. Put it in my watch pocket and started to hunt again. Not 6 inches away I got another silver signal almost right on top of the ground. I kicked away some fallen leaves and there was another dirt covered half dollar laying right there. This one I could see the reverse of a Kennedy half, but I couldn't tell if it was a 90 percenter or a 40 percenter. I put it in my pocket, thinking what a pocket spill this was. Started hunting again and, lo and behold, I get another beautiful silver signal 6 inches away. Could it be. Yes it could. This one was in a plastic coin holder and I could see the silver half shining inside. When I got them home and cleaned the dirt off them I could see that they were all '64 Kennedys, and they were all probably uncirculated when they were lost.

Here's a shot of them as they were found:

morrispark 001.JPG

Here's all 3 of them back in the case:

morrispark 002.JPG

Obverses of the coins after the dirt was rinsed off:

morrispark 004.JPG

Reverses:

morrispark 003.JPG

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG You hit a JFK tri-fecta!!! Those are lovely coins probably lost right after a purchase. I wonder how long they waiting there for you to come along.

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
spartacus53 said:
WTG You hit a JFK tri-fecta!!! Those are lovely coins probably lost right after a purchase. I wonder how long they waiting there for you to come along.

Probably...hmmm...let's see....I bet ....45 years?? :tongue3:

Nice find Bob!

A

art of fact

Nice triple play you got there bob,Danimal your to funny :laughing9:.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: beautiful I'd luv to hear their story

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions