Big silver with the V3i

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out to the city park for a quick hunt after work. Temps only in the 90's so I had to take advantage of it. Found a 1943-P silver war nickle at about 7" and a 1937 walker at about 9". The nickle was a bit broken, but then I was using the stock Coin program. The walker was a solid easy hit for the V3i with a VDI of 93 to 97. This area has been hit very hard over the years and only the V3i or E-Trac seem to be able to pull any keepers. John had his E-Trac and we crosschecked all signals. Both detectors hit on every signal equally well. I use the stock Coin program with only the sensitivity up to 10. I was very happy with the V3i's performance. I've been looking a long time for a detector with the deep coin abilities of the E-Trac and the gold sensitivity of the DFX. So far the V3i seems to fit the need.

8102011.jpg

810silver.jpg

Upvote 0

alderan33

Oct 15, 2010
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've never used an Etrac but I looooove my V3I. In my opinion, you definitely have the right machine for the job. Love that walker too. I found one but it is a 1945. It rang up as a quarter in the mid 80's. Every time I get a solid +83 I can pretty much guarantee it's gonna be a quarter. hehe

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Very nice finds... Sounds like the V3i is a good machine for you. Congrats :icon_thumright:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big silver you found is in great shape, congrats :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions