Big Silver x 2

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Went back to a few places that we frequented last year with good results. The ground conditions are great with moisture as deep as you can dig. Yesterday I went to a spot that I had all but given up on when all I could ever get there was deep clad, I'm talking memorials at 6". My first target was the '42s Walker so I decided to stay for a while ;D and ended the afternoon with 2 more silver, the '08 Barber dime and the '41 Merc, the token and 18 1/2 wheats. Today I headed to a place that we've pounded hard over the last 2 years and was kindly rewarded with a '15d Barber half, 2 no-date SLQs, an '03 Barber dime and a '18 & '20 Merc with 6 wheats. The '25d Merc and 8 of the wheats I got on an after work hunt earlier this week. I don't know if I should give credit to the the ground conditions or the fact that I'm running the Etrac a little different this year. Time will tell. Thanks for looking and HH
101_1658.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a Great bunch of Sliver.
Good Job

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
whatever your doing with the tweaked program is surely paying off! nice haul!

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunting! Love those two halfs. Such a thrill to see those. What settings are you using on your etrac? And how are they different from the way you ran it last year? I'm curious since I run an etrac as well. I hunt in a custom mode with the relic disc pattern. I use multi tones, deep on, fast off, ground difficult and I'll dig anything that's repeatable as long as the "FE" numbers aren't in the 30's. I'd be curious to hear how you run yours. Congrats on the great hunt!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, that's a lot of nice finds. well done!

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. .. Looks like alot of people on here had a productive weekend. Sweet silver there. Thats more silver coins than I swoop up in a year.

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice bunch of coins !!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread