May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up my first box of halves and got squat. It was a Dunbar box and not from a bank. Lesson learned. I then decided to pick up a nickel box and got a 43-P ender. After searching the entire roll I ended up with the following:

No Date Buffalo
Two 1943-P Silver War Nickels
22 Pre 1960 Jeffersons

The two silver war nickels took away some of the sting of the skunk halves. I did make a new teller friend. A very sweet young lady. She said two weeks ago a lady turned in $30 worth of quarters and dimes. She knew from looking at them that the rolls looked old. She said she asked the lady if she was sure she wanted to turn them in and she said yes. Turned out to be all solid rolls of silvers. She ended up splitting them with her branch manager and under her tree is a wrapped box $15 in face value silver for her dad.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 736
Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimDon said:
I picked up my first box of halves and got squat. It was a Dunbar box and not from a bank. Lesson learned...

OK, I'll bite. Where did you get a box of halves, other than from a bank?

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my company order them from the armored car service.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Ill bite the second time, and ask "what type of company is allowed to order coins from a carrier"? and how are those coins any different than the coins that the same carrier would provide to a banking institution? Just wondering as your post is fascinating to me, this topic has come up before and it seemed like it was not possible for companies other than banks to order directly from the suppliers. Otherwise, several folks on here, myself included would be running that type of company.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
TheRockDoc said:
Ill bite the second time, and ask "what type of company is allowed to order coins from a carrier"? and how are those coins any different than the coins that the same carrier would provide to a banking institution? Just wondering as your post is fascinating to me, this topic has come up before and it seemed like it was not possible for companies other than banks to order directly from the suppliers. Otherwise, several folks on here, myself included would be running that type of company.

From what I understand, Brinks will deliver rolled coin to any retail location that contracts with them for armored car service. The fees depend on the level of service you contract for.

I called and asked the local Brinks office. I told them that I saw on their web site http://www.us.brinksinc.com/industry_solutions/brochure/retailSolutions.pdf that they offer coin service for retail.

Attachments

• Brinks Retail Coin.JPG
    Brinks Retail Coin.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 816

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
that would be nice they pick up your clad halfs and they deliver to your front door the new halfs to search i would be going through tons.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alaskanfever said:
that would be nice they pick up your clad halfs and they deliver to your front door the new halfs to search i would be going through tons.

Ever wonder what your neighbors would think about an armored car coming to your house every week?

Attachments

• Mrs-kravitz-bewitched-300x232.jpg
    Mrs-kravitz-bewitched-300x232.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,189
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vending company. Cats out of the bag now!

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
Your bank will normally provide you the box at no charge. If you order directly from Brinks, etc., if you can, you will be charged a fee for each box delivered, which will make your coin searching much less profitable, if you have any profits at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread