Big ticket this morning

philbees

Greenie
Feb 15, 2006
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab Exp II
Had a nice morning detecting. Then I saw some cop placing tickets on the cars parked by the beach and thought OH NO! I've seen this sign"NO parking on Sunday" for the past 10 years and figured it was never enforced, UNTIL THIS MORNING! $45 for parking by the boardwalk on Sunday...Oh well, I just have to put in a few more hours (about 20) to pay this one off.

Attachments

• stinken ticket.jpg
    stinken ticket.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 765
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that sucks, story would have been nicer if you had a picture of a nice diamond ring you found to go with the ticket......

Good luck and good hunting! ;D

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
man i can't stand cops there one slept from being a kid or a crook

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
EASY there knapper.
The only one's who usually hate "us" cops are the ones who break the law and get pissed at us because they got caught.
xXx

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are good and bad people in every profession. Ever since 9-11 I have refused to say anything derogatory about the police in general. They are way under paid and potentially put their lives on the line for us every single day.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the parking ticket. I have gotten some in the past also. There is no other way to get to the beach sometimes.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You apparently can park next to the beach on Saturday and on Monday. It's illegal to hang out at the beach on Sunday? What gives???

OP
OP
philbees

philbees

Greenie
Feb 15, 2006
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab Exp II
You can't park between 5 and 7 AM (forgot to add that). That screws the fisherman, surfers and MDing crowd. I could have parked across the street and saved 45 bucks...maybe next Sunday.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I had just added the city of Belmar N.J. to my list, and I'll keep them there unless there is a good reason to to take them off. What happens between 5 and 7 am that mandates no parking? Street sweepers or something? Just a reason to write tickets?

My most hated list:

1. Crooked Cops
2. Car salesmen (new and used, oooh sorry, Pre-owned)
3. Insurance executives
4. Lawyers
5. City of Belmar N.J.

(let my verbal abuse begin....)

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The signs appearing on many beaches of all the prohibited activities would be less expensive to make if they simply said "NO FUN". Many of the rulings seem to have been made by those that simply go out and look and that's all they think anyone else should do.

Like all groups of people, the law enforcement types come as a mixed group. There are good and bad. I know and have known many. Most have been pretty good people that are doing a job with an honest desire to help. They really do have a difficult job and more often then not end up dealing with many unsavory characters on a daily basis. Their are those that get a bit carried away sometimes and these are the ones that can be dealt with in court if necessary (the law really does work both ways).

I've personally had very few incidents where I've felt a law enforcement type was out of line but when they have occurred I don't hesitate to act on them. If you have an encounter and you really feel the officer was out of line, you do have recourse.

1) If it's an uncalled for ticket, take the time to fight it in court.

2) If you honestly feel that the officer has treated you abusively, or improperly in any way, get their name, then make a trip to the local station and have a talk with IA (Internal Affairs). Don't just file a complaint with a desk sergeant, insist on speaking to IA. They will follow up on it and you might just be giving them some ammo to get a bad cop off of the street.

3) Even if you feel you are being abused, don't let yourself be sucked into an argument with the officer. They have a lot of power and the ones on a power trip can make life really difficult for you.

Remember most of all that the officer in front of you does not make the laws. It makes no difference if we like the laws or not. It is the law. If we want to change them then we need to work as a group to do so legally. Being belligerent to the officer you are dealing with will only serve to provoke a person that may have already been having a bad day (and in that profession their is a good possibility of this.....lol).
Deepsix

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Reminds me of the time, I went with a couple of friends to a nearby lake. It was early spring and they were going fishing. I didn't have my new fishing license yet, so I thought I would go along and tweak this bowfishing rig I had put together. I had shot maybe four times at sticks I had thrown in the water, when Mr DNR walks up and starts checking for licenses. He gets to me and I start explaining that I don't have my license yet, that that's the reason I'm not fishing. He says, you had a line in the water, you were fishing. I say, oh come on, I was shooting at those sticks, I was just testing this bow. He says, you had a line in the water, as he writes me a ticket. Well, I get all red in the face and tell him what I thought of it and that I'm fighting it in court. After hearing my story the judge says, you dumby now you got pay court cost too. Bottom line, I had a line in the water. ;)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to point out that I’m a retired Deputy Sheriff, 25 years. That’s why crooked cops are on the top of my list. I worked for some, I know the inside rules.

I’ve read the laws on beach detecting and I’ve encountered Marine Patrol Officers, Park employees, et al, who don’t know the law and are enforcing their opinion. All you can do at the time is smile and comply. Don’t mean any of us got to like it tho. Good and bad, as in all professions.

Internal Affairs only occasionally works, depends on who they are investigating. But, if you have a complaint, file it. Accredited Departments have procedures they must follow, so politely file your complaint and insist you get a response. If the parking laws stink, attend your next city council meeting and request a change.

Just my informed .02 worth

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GuyInBack said:
Just to point out that I’m a retired Deputy Sheriff, 25 years. That’s why crooked cops are on the top of my list. I worked for some, I know the inside rules.

I’ve read the laws on beach detecting and I’ve encountered Marine Patrol Officers, Park employees, et al, who don’t know the law and are enforcing their opinion. All you can do at the time is smile and comply. Don’t mean any of us got to like it tho. Good and bad, as in all professions.

Internal Affairs only occasionally works, depends on who they are investigating. But, if you have a complaint, file it. Accredited Departments have procedures they must follow, so politely file your complaint and insist you get a response. If the parking laws stink, attend your next city council meeting and request a change.

Just my informed .02 worth

Excellent opinion from one of the good ones, obviously.
Deepsix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions