ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that’s my joke buddy...no respect I tell ya no respect......

You must have heard it from me for i been saying that one for 20 years. :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND... i might add... I actually DO know a guy that is so hairy bigfoot would take pictures... and thats no joke.

He would take his shirt off at the beach and still look like he was wearing a shirt... his nickname IS bigfoot errr or at least i am the only one he would "tolerate" it from. heh

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I told you to stop looking in the mirror, that is your reflection in the mirror, not big foot. :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lived in Indiana farmland my whole life. Been backpacking out west and outside whenever the weather is good.
Never seen anything scary. You guys have all the fun...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He'd need to Tap me on the Shoulder or Walk up in front of Me.
When I'm Detecting, and I'm in my Zone, I Don't look for Distractions.

I Had a Family of deer once sharing my Spot. mother and if I remember right 3 Fawns .
Didn't notice them till I took a Break, Removed my Headphones and caught them out the corner of my Eye.
and they were maybe 20 steps from me tops.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Half-century ago, my wife and I were in a small wilderness area in No. Calif, USA, and saw one HUGE print, and it wasn't a bear...!
Just entering a swampy section, too. - we didn't follow, scared, we were...!

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other

....20.... I’ve lived it for 40 but no matter... I no I’m not the only one or there would only be sightings here where I roam...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UFO's ? only takes a Few Minutes Tops at night to see something I Can't Identify moving across the Sky.

Maybe Very High Plane, Satellite, Space station, Alien Craft ? :dontknow:
Definitely Unidentified by Me, and flying at the time :coffee2:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish ya'll would leave Daddy alone....he ain't quit moving since 1963...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed some drag marks in the dirt lately. It wasn't from feet though...you know what they say about creatures with big feet.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Crow that is a good tale.

My tale of the like:
Back in the mid to late 80s I moved back to my home area. Every month, at minimum once a month, I would drive the 300 miles one way to see my young son. Often for only the weekend Friday night to Sunday. This combined with being newly divorced, going to collage full time, and working full time had my time taken up.

When the stars aligned with my education to get away at length I would take a week off of my job and take the week to go to Missouri for the week. Since most often those I knew in Missouri would be working most days and my son also not available the entire week, I would take the long route there zig-zag and hunting relics in the farm fields. Taking two or three days to get there.

Most farmers I knew back there were friendly ol' cusses who had no qualms about letting a stranger sleep in his car in the back cornfield area accessible normally by a dirt rutted farm lane. To me it was nothing out of ordinary, as back then I barely had two cents to rub together and slept in my car when visiting my son. Only splurging for a hotel room when I actually had him overnight. I slept in my car and often stripped down for a morning dip in the creeks flowing out of the hillsides for my bath.

I sometimes would bunk down around the old farm barns, or tie my hammock to a fence post and my car, pull it tight and sleep under the stars.

Anyway I was in mid-Illinois one time and after relic hunting, I was sitting by my car and the farmer had brought coffee which we shared and shot the breeze. That evening as I was sleeping in my car rear area. The rear area was a comfortable manner to sleep once I got it figured out. I could let the back hatchback open a crack to 5 inches for ventilation with a bungie cord to keep it from open too much and letting in any rain or morning dew.

Suddenly in the early morning an intense crazy sounding scream like howl broke the nighttime silence. Followed by a guttural growl like sound. It was close, very close. I had NO idea what it was but there was not freaking way I was getting out to check either. I grew up in the county and was pleasantly at home doing many things some folks wouldn't do. But I have never heard a sound like that before or since. I spoke to the old farmer the next morning on pulling up stakes and he was mystified as well.

He gave me this relic that day. It was fun visit and hunt.
bent.jpg

brainpan

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if it wanted to confront me it would. Till someone gets molested by one , no sense in fearing them.IF you subscribe to thier existence. In your area I'd be more concerned with annoying a rattlesnake.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er12, have you ever had any Bigfoot encounters while out and about?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So, what’s the significance of all the squirrels, if any?

Depends on context.
A bounty of a mast crop perhaps.
Mast =food. Squirrels tend to squabble if food is limited , usually only tolerating others close if there is a lot of food.
A low spot can hold more acorns for example than higher areas. Or an individual tree producing well vs others in the area.
Or a tree of another specie producing something. Or even a food unrelated to a tree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread