Bigfoot coil gold search day 8, 9, 10 & 11 (Pic) & a lesson learned...

Mi$$ouri Jim

Apr 3, 2005
Bigfoot coil gold search day 8, 9, 10 & 11 (Pic) & a lesson learned...

My search to find gold with the bigfoot coil continues?.

Day 8?. 3 hrs?.3 clad pennies & 1 clad dime, 1 modern bullet?

Day 9?.1 hour?1 clad nickel & 1 severely mangled/bent clad dime?.

Day 10?3 hours of searching?.. 6 clad pennies & a sterling silver sparrow pin (see first pic) Note: be carefull what you think is trash. I was going thru my dug trash (after my hunt) & happen to see and odd shaped piece of aluminum ?.. upon closer inspection it turned out to be the sterling silver sparrow pin (seen in the pic). I must have thought it was just another piece of aluminum junk & put it in my trash pouch. Good thing I inspect my trash before I toss it.

Day 11?3 hours detecting in a heavy-trash area ?12 clad pennies & 1 clad dime & way too much trash!

No gold yet?. The search goes on.

Attachments

• sterlingsparrowwsterlingmarkKEEP.jpg
    sterlingsparrowwsterlingmarkKEEP.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Re: Bigfoot coil gold search day 8, 9, 10 & 11 (Pic) & a lesson learned...

Hi Jim
Keep at it. If you are digging aluminium you are doing the right thing- You will find gold.

Good Luck
George

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just don't make your quest too much of like a job or you won't be having fun anymore. I went on a quest for silver coins and after working a likely site for days I found I wasn't enjoying my hobby any longer. Right now I am giving it a rest and just doing some coin shooting at a local school complex. I figure it will come sooner or later and I am having fun again. I found gold my second time out and wasn't even looking for it. Sometimes we just try too hard.

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic

Seems like you have this all figured out, but remember if you make it too much like a job the enjoyment will go all out of it. As far as finding gold it will come just give it time and enjoy the hunt..

OP
OP
Mi$$ouri Jim

Mi$$ouri Jim

Apr 3, 2005

jimmileo said:
Just don't make your quest too much of like a job or you won't be having fun anymore.? I went on a quest for silver coins and after working a likely site for days I found I wasn't enjoying my hobby any longer.? Right now I am giving it a rest and just doing some coin shooting at a local school complex.? ?I figure it will come sooner or later and I am having fun again.? I found gold my second time out and wasn't even looking for it.? Sometimes we just try too hard.

Dont have much of a choice really... This time of the year is the best weatherwise to get in as much detecting? as possible..... all too soon the hellish heat of summer will be here...along with ravenous mosquitos & that is when i slow down. The last time I found a gold ring ...it was in march (2003).? ? I figure that as long as I am finding the occassional merc dime or silver piece of jewelry in the process of searching for gold... it is still worth it.?

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

Good luck in your hunt for Au.

That is a great looking silver pin. It would have been a shame to have found it only to toss it. That may make me take a closer look at my "trash".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread