Bigfoot Coil ?????s

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Bigfoot Coil ?????'s

I just recently purchased a bigfoot coil off of this forum for my Eagle Spectrum. I took it out for a spin and it won't air balance right. Once I got it to air balance it kept saying overload continuously on the display. I tried turning down the AC sens and the preamp gain but no luck. Is there somewhere that I can send it to get it fixed or does someone know what it might be?Thanks

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Re: Bigfoot Coil ?????'s

You say you tried to "turn down" the pre-amp gain? It depends on what you mean by "turn down", because, in my experience with the Eagle Spectrum, anything more than about 1/3 -on with the pre-amp gain, and it didn't want to give me an air balance. Try turning the pre-amp gani to 1/4 (or even off) and see what happens.

OP
OP
pulltab hatr

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Re: Bigfoot Coil ?????'s

When I say "turn down" I mean it was on 1 the lowest setting. It works fine at home when I tried pre testing it then when I get where I am going to hunt it won't air balance and "if" I can get it to air balance it won't pick up any metals near the coil. Works fine at home the last 2 times but not when I got ready to hunt???? Other coils will work fine tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread