worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well put statement! "This really is our last hope. This isn’t about loving guns or being into gun culture and so on. This is about the RIGHT to own a gun and protect yourself and your family. This goes beyond a piece of machinery. This is much bigger than that. The gun is only the mechanism through which we keep the government from completely controlling and ruling over us. They’ve figured out how to rule over us in every way but this. What is amazing, is the harder they push, the more it awakens more and more people across this nation. Maybe the founders knew it would have that effect. The thing is, the enemy will try to take the guns away because as the collapse approaches, an armed public is their biggest fear." If anyone will not see this,don't knock on my door when TSHTF. GodBless America once again!!!! Chris

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son said there was a post on another site about when/if TSHTF. It stated that, "If you feel uneasy, pick up your gun and walk out to your porch. If you don't see anyone else doing the same, it's not time yet."

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My son said there was a post on another site about when/if TSHTF. It stated that, "If you feel uneasy, pick up your gun and walk out to your porch. If you don't see anyone else doing the same, it's not time yet."

I still like that kite you're holding man!:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son said there was a post on another site about when/if TSHTF. It stated that, "If you feel uneasy, pick up your gun and walk out to your porch. If you don't see anyone else doing thoe same, it's not time yet."

Problem is many want see it coming till it is in their house, then ask "where did that come from"? Kinda like getting hit by a train at a marked crossing, there were lights, bells, gate and train whistle and still get hit....

I have family member that would fit that, he was all worried about Mayan calendar, but oblivious to the chance of losing our rights.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,they're like welfare freedom recipients. Most have done nothing to achieve it and only a few put forth the sacrifice to sustain it. They just take advantage of the sacrifices others have made. As long as they don't have to risk losing anything they are fine with America. They don't yet appreciate the freedoms they have because they have always been there. Heck, there are some people that would prefer prison to freedom. In prison someone else does all of their thinking for them, clothes them, houses them, takes care of their medical needs and feeds them. What value has freedom??

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, let's take a peek at which of our leaders want to start taking our freedoms away, starting with guns. How much have THEY sacrificed? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm THAT'S why our rights mean so little to them. They have sacrificed nothing themselves to preserve our freedoms. Just collect that fat paycheck and a lifelong retirement for as little as 4 years service in a plush office.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't call serving in congress as a sacrifice either. Where do the senators and congresspeople who have actually served in our military stand on gutting the 2nd?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yep,they're like welfare freedom recipients. Most have done nothing to achieve it and only a few put forth the sacrifice to sustain it. They just take advantage of the sacrifices others have made. As long as they don't have to risk losing anything they are fine with America. They don't yet appreciate the freedoms they have because they have always been there. Heck, there are some people that would prefer prison to freedom. In prison someone else does all of their thinking for them, clothes them, houses them, takes care of their medical needs and feeds them. What value has freedom??

HOWEVER; the "down-side" is... they lose ALL their Rights (at least, in Virginia).

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, felons DO lose some rights but, only a few of them are afraid to have a firearm in their homes when they get out and how many do you think were registered, say nothing about educated, voters?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
All I know is that I just read that the 3rd season of American Guns, which was one of my favorite shows, has been canceled. Besides featuring the extremely cute Paige Wyatt, the Gunsmoke Store in Colorado made some awesome weapons. People complained after Newtown that the show pictured guns as fun and desirable. Well, they are. So what? As far as tomorrow, I really wouldn't worry too much about what will happen. Besides rhetoric, Congress is smart enough not to screw with any of the first ten amendments. As far as any new amendments, hell we haven't ever ratified the ERA one that gives women equal rights to men. Most say that is covered by the 14th Amendment anyway. So if a new amendment comes along about guns, just tell them it's already covered by the 2nd. If it's just laws, take em to federal court and drag it out for decades. This issue won't be settled for awhile anyway. Darn, I'm gonna miss Paige...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well put statement! "This really is our last hope. This isn’t about loving guns or being into gun culture and so on. This is about the RIGHT to own a gun and protect yourself and your family. This goes beyond a piece of machinery. This is much bigger than that. The gun is only the mechanism through which we keep the government from completely controlling and ruling over us. They’ve figured out how to rule over us in every way but this. What is amazing, is the harder they push, the more it awakens more and more people across this nation. Maybe the founders knew it would have that effect. The thing is, the enemy will try to take the guns away because as the collapse approaches, an armed public is their biggest fear." If anyone will not see this,don't knock on my door when TSHTF. GodBless America once again!!!! Chris

This is Not what it's about to me.

I don't own a gun, I don't plan on owning any.
IF I am ever at a place & see one I feel I must Purchase, it will go to My nephew like all
the guns I had in the past.

I don't fear people, I don't fear a Government Nazi like take over,
as long as those who own guns
keep to their word they won't go easy.

Only problem I have really is the hope the constitution is never eroded.

But honestly for all the rhetoric going around,
I don't believe it will happen.
I think most of what is coming out of DC is simply politics
(Blowing smoke up the dooDaa to make those who voted for him happy)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hope it is just rhetoric, or you know what hits the fan when he issues executive orders in violation of the constitution........
This is Not what it's about to me.

I don't own a gun, I don't plan on owning any.
IF I am ever at a place & see one I feel I must Purchase, it will go to My nephew like all
the guns I had in the past.

I don't fear people, I don't fear a Government Nazi like take over,
as long as those who own guns
keep to their word they won't go easy.

Only problem I have really is the hope the constitution is never eroded.

But honestly for all the rhetoric going around,
I don't believe it will happen.
I think most of what is coming out of DC is simply politics
(Blowing smoke up the dooDaa to make those who voted for him happy)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
You should get yourself armed though jeff.If a civil war does break out there will be armed guerrilla units from both factions roaming around,as there was during the revolution and the civil war.Though i doubt you would have any problem from those loyal to the constitution.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread