BIO - DIESEL II (Still Cruising after all of this time)

Starbuck

Dec 16, 2006
Browns Summit NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
It has been over a year now since I started experimenting with biodiesel I have been successfully using it in two cars now. I have used it in cold and hot climates and have had very few problems, none that could not be easily repaired or overcome with a different procedure in starting the vehicle. I have had two oil samples analyzed with no detrimental effects with using biodiesel. I think as the cost of fuel continues to rise, biofuels are going to have to be used to displace some of the petroleum we use in our lifestyles. Biodiesel is probably the best as far as energy balance goes because it has almost the same BTU content as Ultra Low Sulfur Petroleum Diesel. Ethanol is also a viable fuel but people are going to have to wake up and demand that food crops like corn not be the source. You can find lots of information that shows many more plants like Switchgrass and Algae produce far more Ethanol with less energy used to grow and harvest them, than does corn produced ethanol. We as a people are going to have to demand that the government reward people who are willing to strive for energy independence rather than penalize them or put so much red tape in front of them that it stifles inventiveness and creativity to experiment and try new ways to provide energy for their own transportation. I will share any information I have and try to answer any questions that anyone thinking of moving toward energy independence may have, Just ask. - Starbuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread