Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this bird band while detection near a river back in the summer. It was still around what I assumed was the leg bone of a duck. It was from Laurel Maryland witch is about 175 miles from were I found it.I turned in the # from the tag to the wildlife agency that tagged the bird but have not received any info back as of yet. Never know what you will find. Thanks for looking. IMG_20141216_120947029.jpg

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can report it online at https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/ It will give you all the info on the bird. And the agency will get the needed data from you on where it ended up.

As a avid waterfowl hunter I have only been lucky enough to get two bands hunting. Though my areas of hunting are not known for banded birds.

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can report it online at https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/ It will give you all the info on the bird. And the agency will get the needed data from you on where it ended up.

As a avid waterfowl hunter I have only been lucky enough to get two bands hunting. Though my areas of hunting are not known for banded birds.

Thanks so much for this info. I will give it a try. When I found the band and called the Fish & Wildlife service that banded it I talk to two people and they took all the info and never mentioned this site. That is the gov't for ya :BangHead:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called them (Maryland) fish and wildlife with a striped bass tag gave them the numbers off it then mailed it to them. That was October, so don't hold your breath go with the website Josh said.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread