Bird with open beak.

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can anyone tell me if the opened mouth on an animal symbol means anything. All of the searches I've done are discussions about keeping ones mouth shut about your hunts. haha. So does anyone know if an open mouth like this has meaning. Also if anyone knows about these two symbols I would be grateful.

431366_2440993524659_1856042698_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Also.

Take a look at this. I can't climb it until I am not alone. I plan on getting more pics too. The top looks like it may have a roof. The rocks on top appear like trim the edge in a scalloped pattern. And of course take a look at the bottom right next to the hole. It looks like a face turned to the side. Any thoughts?

DSCN0863.JPG

DSCN0864.JPG

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This area is only accessible by boat so I plan to go back for better pics.
This is a lightened version of the bird. Now I'm considering it is a snake instead. It appears to have a tail rather than a body. The circle has wing like things on the bottom.
431366_2440993524659_1856042698_n (2).jpg 431366_2440993524659_1856042698_n.jpg

In the same area there is a tree with a bear facing the cliff. Above the bear is the letter H. I haven't looked above because it is a dangerous climb. But it may not be pointing to the top of the cliff. Perhaps something in one of the holes. And then there is a more logical explanation to this area. That being the carvings are native carvings of indigenous animals. Which was really common here. None the less the area is hidden and has a flat field with old rock fire rings. When I go back I will take many more pictures.

I did go back to the rock formation with a friend. We didn't take our detectors but will later. It was to cold and muddy to safely scan the area because we just had a flood. I took these pictures.
DSCN1049.JPG

My question about this is, while it appears to be a natural formation it also appears to have steps.
DSCN1050.JPG

I fear this will give away in a flood one day as it is supported by very little now. As you can see in the bottom of the pic. So we plan on going back before Spring.
DSCN1054.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1055.JPG
    DSCN1055.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread