Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Woke up late today, after sleepin off my b-day booze lol. Although yesterday was my party, today is actually my b-day. I figured since the sun was out, and I could do what ever I wanted, I might as well hunt. So I hit the 1908 house that kicked out the last batch of keepers. Detectingfreak and I hit it yesterday mornin but it was too cold for me to concentrate. DF toughed it out and pulled a couple keepers, but I got skunked. Today on the other hand was not bad at all. I spent the day clearing all the surface trash, and got a couple goodies in return. Pulled the first wheat about 45 minutes into the hunt, and the 20 minutes later I got the 1 yen coin. I thought for sure it was silver when I saw the edge pokin out of the plug. No dice though. Even though its aluminum its still a neat coin. For the next 2 hours I got nothin but clad and trash, then finally another wheat. A 1920S at 6 inches. Then rechecking the hole I get a faint dime signal 3 inches to the side of the hole. I was hopin for a barber or merc. Being careful, and using my pinpointer I finally see the edge of a silver coin. Well not what I hoped it would be, but I ain't complainin. It was a 1943 washington on edge. I called it good at that point, and headed for home. I know theres more there, and might even try again tommorrow. Nothin better than silver on your birthday. Thanks for lookin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• RSCN0070.JPG
    RSCN0070.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 647
  • DSCN0071.JPG
    DSCN0071.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 638
  • RSCN0075.JPG
    RSCN0075.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
deathhare said:
Thats not a 1 sen coin....its a 1 yen.
The date is 1960.
Thanks for the correction.
JuJu

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Bday and congrats on the silver! I have always heard Washington weather is similar to Germany, they must mean a different part of Germany cause it is froze solid here, LOL. HH, Mike

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JUJU,

Happy Bday!!!!! Congrats on the silver! I know I hate those light silver lookin yen! Got that washington though!! OO Yaa!

Crackbadger

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Might not have been what you were looking for, but man I love the look of silver washingtons in the dirt!!!

Congrats on some nice digs and Happy Birthday too!

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to everyone for the great comments and b-day wishes. You guys are the best.
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread