dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out to a yard I'd hit last week that produced a few coppers, and was chagrined to see some brown spots from some of the holes I'd dug, despite my perfect hole-digging form. 8) The owner wasn't too upset, and I got off with watering the offending plugs. Decided to stay away from the main part of the yard and hit a sidewalk that borders one side of the property. First signal was a dateless SLQ. There were lots of deep memorial pennies, and after digging one i got careless with a shallow signal and shaved the !@#% out of an 1892 Barber Dime. :-[
The Peace Dollar was less than an inch down, and made a totally OBSCENE sound in my headphones. I thought it was a beer can, and apparently so had my hunting buddy. ;D
I gave it to the property owner as a consolation for his spotty yard, on the condition that I could take some pics of it.
Didn't get any coppers, but I don't think I've ever had a day with the silver ratio to wheats and indians so good.
Strange world out there...

Attachments

• Scanned Image 101540002.jpg
    Scanned Image 101540002.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 613
  • Scanned Image 101540003.jpg
    Scanned Image 101540003.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 621
  • Scanned Image 101540004.jpg
    Scanned Image 101540004.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds man,

It must have been a little hard to give that one away. But your having a great yr anyway. More will come now.

HH Jer

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
nice finds i also found 1922 peace dollar few days ago in a local park on edge 6 inches down

Attachments

• Picture 38.jpg
    Picture 38.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 562

Fish-Gate

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington, Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! That was very nice of you to give your ounce of history to the owner. I also give some of my finds to homeowners. Sometimes that offer is the best way to get on the lawn in the first place. Keep up the good work.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not your usual finds is right ! But a good change of pace ! Especially with nice silver finds like that !! Are you going to turn into a silver shooter !! MaineRelic

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang thats alot of Silver. Awesome day. :headbang:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man , you are the most amazing coin shooter on this forum ! ( well ok , Cru is pretty out there
as well ! ) but you are scoring consistently amazing coins - It's wonderful to see your posts ,
keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow ! Argentium.

OP
OP
dwayne sueno

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
JerV3 said:
Nice finds man,

It must have been a little hard to give that one away. But your having a great yr anyway. More will come now.

HH Jer

Thanks, Jer. It is cool to see big silver coming out of the ground, but I don't mind giving it up.
I do like to hang onto the old coppers, though.

teleman 2525 said:
nice finds i also found 1922 peace dollar few days ago in a local park on edge 6 inches down

Thanks, teleman
Congrats on your Peace Dollar. She's a beaut!

Dman said:
Sweet finds.
Congrats
Dman

Thanks, Dman.

Fish-Gate said:
Very nice finds! That was very nice of you to give your ounce of history to the owner. I also give some of my finds to homeowners. Sometimes that offer is the best way to get on the lawn in the first place. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Fish-Gate. It's good to keep to keep the home-owners happy!

MaineRelic said:
Not your usual finds is right ! But a good change of pace ! Especially with nice silver finds like that !! Are you going to turn into a silver shooter !! MaineRelic

thanks, MR. I rarely find the silver, but it's nice to get some now and again. the se will stay in ferrous sounds, though...

Argentium said:
Man , you are the most amazing coin shooter on this forum ! ( well ok , Cru is pretty out there
as well ! ) but you are scoring consistently amazing coins - It's wonderful to see your posts ,
keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow ! Argentium.

Thank you, Argentium. You are kind to mention me with CRU in the same sentence, but I'm just on a little hot streak.

plehbah said:
They did not even lose dimes around here.

You are a lucky man to have fertile fields to till.

Thanks, Plehbah. Some days it does seem like they dumped the till in the field...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread