Black Eye

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well here is another black eye for us. It may have been a re-run but did anyone see the "According To Jim" episode the other night where the brother-in-law got a new metal detector? He was digging up Jim's front yard. He had holes all over the yard. He found a nickle and then found Jim's lost wedding ring. What upsets me about the whole thing is that although the episode was funny it certainly did not do OUR (the metal detecting community) any good.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well at least he found the ring-- and 5 cents---- better than some of us ---but no pull tabs or can slaw--- just goes to show how unreal tv is---we all know 1000 pull tabs per ring min-Ivan

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I don't think it would give mding a black eye at all,it's a comedy based show.I'm sure people who saw it just laughed instead of sitting there thinking hmmmm those darned detectorists never filling in those holes,atleast i don't know of anyone who would analyze a comedy program like that and take it out on our hobby.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
lol i wasn't sure myself till i hunted with djabend and he was using that term as well..i surmise it's more politically correct than just saying junk:)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No i like can slaw and mumszie most people wont remember that show.I hope ;) aa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions