Black Friday? No, Gold and Silver Friday!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a short hunt at a local school today. For years, it has been hit and miss here. But today, wow! The gold with amethyst (?) ring was a few inches deep in the bark in front of a swing set. Out behind it, in the lawn, was the little sterling earring (?) or finger ring. Hiding there also was a Monopoly game dreadnought. It's been a couple of years since I have found both gold and silver in one hunt. The ring is marked 10K. Thanks for peeking, get out and dig if you can. Happy Holidays. Sub 8-)

Monopoly 1.jpg Monopoly 2.jpg Monopoly 3.jpg

Upvote 33

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your silver ring is a toe ring?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the rings are good finds, they are not my thing, I much prefer the dreadnought.8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the rings are good finds, they are not my thing, I much prefer the dreadnought.8-)
Funny you should say that Cru, I was just as thrilled to find the little toy battleship! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with my friends about the toe ring. When found, it was rolled in on itself, I hope there was not a toe in it when that happened! For the Garret folks, the toe ring rang up a 72 and the gold ring rang up a bouncy 48. Lesson, DIG EVERYTHING in the bark/sand/gravel around the playground equipment. Adults use the equipment and lose their adult jewelry there too.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with my friends about the toe ring. When found, it was rolled in on itself, I hope there was not a toe in it when that happened! For the Garret folks, the toe ring rang up a 72 and the gold ring rang up a bouncy 48. Lesson, DIG EVERYTHING in the bark/sand/gravel around the playground equipment. Adults use the equipment and lose their adult jewelry there too.

Was that with Julio Garret? or Medusa Garret? Would it make a difference as to which one you were using?

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds. the monopoly piece looks like an early one

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that with Julio Garret? or Medusa Garret? Would it make a difference as to which one you were using?
I see what you mean, they would be close in their VDI readouts but probably not exact. I was using the ATMax with a Snake coil. There is more swinging involved as the coil is small, but the weight is comfortable and I can still go all day!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I see what you mean, they would be close in their VDI readouts but probably not exact. I was using the ATMax with a Snake coil. There is more swinging involved as the coil is small, but the weight is comfortable and I can still go all day!

Thank you. That is helpful. I read a lot of posts from people that have the pro, and always wondered if they would be about the same. Learning you were using the snake is bonus information. I just got one of those a few months ago. I agree it makes a difference in weight and, thus, I don’t get tired out as fast. I tested the max on my gold rings when I first got it and I believe it rang up 50. (Memory not so good). Again, thank you. [emoji4]

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your time was much better spent metal detecting than shopping! :icon_thumright:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, my precious, find!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Sweet ring brother congrats.

Yup hard to find silver and gold on the same hunt.

Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions