FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20240312_153651.jpg

Get these stained/tarnished golds in the springtime after the big winter storms....these black golds have been down awhile, and this one was down 10 inches, and that's after a foot of sand was moved this winter. Probably been down there since the 80s....nice diamonds that test out....18 in all, and she polished right up !!
20240312_165739.jpg

The golds are flowing and spring break is here !! Wooo hooo !!

Upvote 56
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would wear it too....
It's the most comfortable ring I've ever put on....fits my pinky well, and you can't tell its there !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I've snagged a lot of gold rings over the years but never one black like that! Come to think of it, I have/had quit a few black rings over the yrs but always thought they were junk...Oh crap....
"Honey, where is my junk ring box???"

Yes, Spring break is here again and the beaches are littered with trash, again.

Nice snag!
I would definitely get them out and check them !! Once in awhile one pops up !! HH to you too !!

Surfline

Dec 30, 2021
View attachment 2136824
Get these stained/tarnished golds in the springtime after the big winter storms....these black golds have been down awhile, and this one was down 10 inches, and that's after a foot of sand was moved this winter. Probably been down there since the 80s....nice diamonds that test out....18 in all, and she polished right up !! View attachment 2136825
A
View attachment 2136824
Get these stained/tarnished golds in the springtime after the big winter storms....these black golds have been down awhile, and this one was down 10 inches, and that's after a foot of sand was moved this winter. Probably been down there since the 80s....nice diamonds that test out....18 in all, and she polished right up !! View attachment 2136825
Nice find! Was it stamped inside with 10k, 14k, etc? All of the gold I have found looked like the day it was lost. It does not oxidize and even the 1715 fleet gold escudos that have been down 300+ years look like the day they were lost. I have seen some discoloring on coins found from deep shipwreck gold coins however.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
View attachment 2136824
Congrats, I once found a black wedding band, thought it was junk, threw it in the junk box, curiosity got the best of me, cleaned it and it to was 14k, was in harsh lava sand in Hawaii.

DonaldTrump

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2023
View attachment 2136824
I don't understand why someone would make a ring like that in 10k. But very nice find.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2136824
Bart
Congratulations on your beautiful accomplishment..
OUTSTANDING…

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A

Nice find! Was it stamped inside with 10k, 14k, etc? All of the gold I have found looked like the day it was lost. It does not oxidize and even the 1715 fleet gold escudos that have been down 300+ years look like the day they were lost. I have seen some discoloring on coins found from deep shipwreck gold coins however.
Yes sir, marked 10k. Not my first black gold, but only have found a handful of stained/tarnished golds over the years. I've even had 18k with mild staining from black mineralized sand/soil underwater. They are rare, and it takes years to develop this type of patina. It dosent come off until a touch of polish is applied....then it runs right off to clean gold !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I once found a black wedding band, thought it was junk, threw it in the junk box, curiosity got the best of me, cleaned it and it to was 14k, was in harsh lava sand in Hawaii.
Yup....alot of times ill put a ring on while I'm underwater because it's an easy way of carrying it around.....this one I thought was silver....as I wore it gold started to show through here and there during my dive.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why someone would make a ring like that in 10k. But very nice find.
Well most jewelry of 10k is made for durability. its stiffer and stronger than the other softer 14k-24k.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart
Congratulations on your beautiful accomplishment..
OUTSTANDING…
Thank you bill im just getting back on the grind....found another gold today !! Wooo hooo !!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this last week
Pretty sure it’s silver from a pirate ship
They used to come to indiana when the buccaneers played the colts