Black Hills Wanderer

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello from South Dakota!

I am a vegetable farmer, blacksmith, and was once a general contractor/homebuilder. I live on the north side of the historic Black Hills of South Dakota, the heart of the golden lost treasures of the midwest. I am a beginner at prospecting and placer mining, have some knowledge of geology and minerals, and I am an experienced Fairburn agate hunter with a few sweet gems to show for it. I have hunted tourmaline and beryl in the Hills and mined Teepee canyon type agates from the rock formations of the southern hills.

I love each and every story I have read here on Treasurenet, from garage sale finds and dumpster gold to lost mines and buried treasures. Love of history connects with the outdoors and secret things all in one perfect addiction, treasure hunting. My first coin find was just a 2008 Hawaii quarter, but I found it on top of mountain, no feeling could be better!

If you are looking for a guide or some crazy ideas and planning on visiting the Black Hills, send me a message and I will do my best for anyone who asks. Good hunting and stay safe.

Matt

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Happy Hunting in 2015.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the club ... :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: South Dakota for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
R

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you all for the welcome posts! South Dakota has very few treasure hunters and lots of great stories and hidden treasures to be found. If you visit you will find out that the best treasure is the courteous and friendly people that you meet plus overwhelming natural beauty ripe for exploring. Thanks again for the welcome!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet!

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Matt to tnet! I lived in Sturgis all my life until moving up here to Montana in 2013....on my way to Alaska. Still headed that way but decided to stay here with some old Sturgis friends for awhile. Prospected, metal detected, hunted and found fairburn and teepee canyon agates, tourmaline and tried to find some of the treasure from some of the old treasure stories in and around the hills. Prospected mostly but like all treasure hunting. Lots of nice folks and information here on tnet. Happy hunting!

May 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from South Dakota!

I am a vegetable farmer, blacksmith, and was once a general contractor/homebuilder. I live on the north side of the historic Black Hills of South Dakota, the heart of the golden lost treasures of the midwest. I am a beginner at prospecting and placer mining, have some knowledge of geology and minerals, and I am an experienced Fairburn agate hunter with a few sweet gems to show for it. I have hunted tourmaline and beryl in the Hills and mined Teepee canyon type agates from the rock formations of the southern hills.

I love each and every story I have read here on Treasurenet, from garage sale finds and dumpster gold to lost mines and buried treasures. Love of history connects with the outdoors and secret things all in one perfect addiction, treasure hunting. My first coin find was just a 2008 Hawaii quarter, but I found it on top of mountain, no feeling could be better!

If you are looking for a guide or some crazy ideas and planning on visiting the Black Hills, send me a message and I will do my best for anyone who asks. Good hunting and stay safe.

Matt

I hope I don't goof this up too badly, posting here is my first try! Matt, not sure how to send you a message. I have a place near Cheyenne Crossing and am just learning how to use my detector. I found some artifacts (interesting but not significant value) on my property. I will be out this summer and am looking forward to more 'xplorin' & prospectin' Would be happy to join a group/other person and would appreciate any advice! Thanks! Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread