image.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 97

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The French machines are pretty cool looking too...but these look great.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 421

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't really care how they "look." I just like the way they perform! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
I don't really care how they "look." I just like the way they perform! :occasion14:

One could say say the same about their wife or their girlfriend, it's the way they perform... But it's nice to have a little looks too.. Lol. :laughing7:
:occasion14:

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro deleon,compadre , silver micromax,bandido
Just curious.... It looks like you wrap whole thing with electrical tape.... If so, why?
kris

OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Just curious.... It looks like you wrap whole thing with electrical tape.... If so, why?
kris

Kris,

I hope this answers your question.

I have done this with my detectors for years. I install a 1/8" black wire loom on the coil wire wrap with one even coat of black tape to seal the seam (not necessary but I do it anyway) I always wrap the rods with one coat of electrical tape and cut out the holes with an exacto knife. I always wrap the grip with bicycle handlebar cork tape. (This stuff wears like iron and is easy to clean wipe off).

I have never had a damaged coil wire because of the loom material. The electrical tape takes absorbs the wear on the rods. The cork tape keeps the foam grip like new.When I sell a detector I just remove the tape (or leave it on if the buyer wants it left on). I then wipe the little bit of tape residue off with lighter fluid and the detector looks brand new.

After each use I blow the dust and dirt off my detectors with my air compressor useing around 30 psi as not to damage anything. I also wipe the detector down with damp micro fiber cloth after each use. I also treat them with respect in the field don't throw them down on the ground or let role around in the truck or trunk of a car.

My detectors stay in darn near or perfect shape. They cost a grip of money. I take care of them and they take care of me. I also get a better resale price because of the condition if I decide to sell one so this effort pays me back in two ways, value and looks.

pic of wire loom material and my other units. The Outlaw below was traded in on a Vaquero.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

* Tesoro Tejon
* Tesoro Vaquero
* Tesoro Sand Shark
* Whites M6

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg