Black Onyx updated Aug 2

M

mchamby

Got invited to hunt a school where they had a forth of July Celebration. I don't very often get to hunt with someone so I jumped at the chance. It was a nice day, not to warm 75 and a nice breeze. I got a late start on the others by a half hour but made up for it in the long haul. I got all modern clad only a couple of quarters were surface finds everything else was 3 to 4 inches deep. I got 8 quarters, 13 dimes, 3 Nickels, 6 pennies, 2 silver beads that rang in as dimes. I also dug one clothes snap, 3 smashed soda cans, 2 pop tops, one gold hoop earring (electroplated), one kleat off soccer shoe and one very nice flattened black onyx and sterling silver ring. I like the ring and will try to find a silversmith to fix it for me. I was very lucky to find the ring, the others had decided to get out of the sun so I went to another ballfield but after 15 mins realized my Oxygen was almost out so I made a swing and started heading toward my car to get another tank. I got excited when it beeped I knew I had something silver, sure enough and it will look nice with my other silver and turquoise jewelry.
On the way home I notice a out of state car at a house I have had my eye on so I turned around and went back to see if they would let me come back some time and hunt, they said sure why not. Since it was a ways out of town for me I pressed my luck a little farther and asked if they needed to be there when I detected and they said come anytime. After a long conversation they are from North Carolina but went to High School in the area and the wife was in school with my mother. All together it was a great day, no complaints. HH
Mchamby

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mchamby

your right Big61Al, very similar, mine has a little more disign on the sides. Too bad it is so broken the Jeweler told me I was lucky the band wasn't broken because he would have to take the stone out to fix the band because the heat of soldering would have ruined the stone and that would cost as much as getting a new ring. Nice finds there. HH
Mchamby

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maria,

Looks great on your finger...perfect fit. I always loved black onyx.

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread