Black Tesoro Vaquero - 3rd Gold Ring And More Siver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three days left in the month I've already found 26 silver coins and 3 gold rings. My good luck has to run out sooner or later. This is my seventh hunt for the month and I hope to get at least two more days of hunting in for the month. This could turnout and be my best month ever.

I first went back to the site where I found my first gold ring to give it a once over again. I didn't miss much from the first hunt, but did manage to find a nice usable pair of sunglasses and a 1924 Mercury Dime before I decided to leave for another site to detect.

The second site that I went to today looked great. It's a super large corner lot and the home was built in the early fifties and it had a huge old oak tree in the front yard. It's going to take me several hunts to cover it all properly.

I first worked the grassy area between the curb and sidewalk and started finding wheat pennies. I know that I'm on the right track when I start finding them.

My first silver coin at the second site was a deep 1942 War Nickel and my second silver coin was a 1924 Mercury Dime. The Mercury Dime was near the oak tree and was really shallow.

I kept working around the old oak tree and finally got a really loud, but smooth audio response. I dug down pretty deep and popped a 14k gold ring. That sure made me happy, so I headed for the house.

Oh yeah, I also found a rolled gold plate watch case. I thought that I really had something there for moment. I can't wait to get back to that site and do some more swinging.

tabman

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20001_zpszzoakmp6.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20003_zpswn9ilxdp.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20005_zps144d0ola.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20007_zpsasyzegdz.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20009_zpstc4sutm7.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20012_zpstdxypisd.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20013_zpsvylzbyle.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20017_zpsfzih6sv1.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20018_zpsrw6rupr1.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20025_zps681xlwlu.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20032_zpswltvhzna.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20039_zpsyqfuazob.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20026_zpsgwc5izca.jpg

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the man! The TABMAN!:thumb_up:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love it. I especially like the picture of the war nickel in situ. I have a black Vaquero on order with the 11 x 8. I guess I will have another Vaquero for sale. I will probably ask $275 for it shipped.

I just noticed your digger. I have some 1" tubing and a Wilcox that I removed the plastic from the handle from and I have been sitting on this project to weld one up exactly like that. I've put it off for a year. I plan to rubber dip the handle. Seems the Sampson is too big, the mini-Sampson is too big to get a push with your hands and a hand digger is too small.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. I'm on a roll. The Black Vaquero did great again today. I'll post pictures later. The really good thing about today is that I got permission to hunt the large corner lot across the street from the one that I've been detecting for the last couple of hunts. Heck I'm not even finished detecting it completely. So I have a lot of good ground ahead of me to detect. :headbang:

tabman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed after I read your post the first time, that you are at 26 silver coins for the month? That is tremendous. I am at 6. My best month has only been 11 or 12. I've hit a few 10 silver coin months.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed after I read your post the first time, that you are at 26 silver coins for the month? That is tremendous. I am at 6. My best month has only been 11 or 12. I've hit a few 10 silver coin months.

Thanks. You're doing a lot better than most. The key to success after learning your detector is location, location, location.

If the silver is not there, you're not going to find it. I've been lucking to find some good places to detect. I say lucky, I work hard to find them.

tabman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. You're doing a lot better than most. The key to success after learning your detector is location, location, location.

If the silver is not there, you're not going to find it. I've been lucking to find some good places to detect. I say lucky, I work hard to find them.

tabman

Last year I was cornering every 1800s house I could. I dug some nice coins including 2 halves, one a Barber and a Morgan dollar, but at the end of the year I only found 35 silver coins. I think I was hitting all the obvious places. I go an average of 1-2 times a week. This year my goal is to get on the non-obvious houses or the ones off the beaten path. I may dig a lot of 60s' silver, but I will be just as happy. One of my oldest silver coins (1875) was found at a house dated 1946 and it was only an inch down, so you never know!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year I was cornering every 1800s house I could. I dug some nice coins including 2 halves, one a Barber and a Morgan dollar, but at the end of the year I only found 35 silver coins. I think I was hitting all the obvious places. I go an average of 1-2 times a week. This year my goal is to get on the non-obvious houses or the ones off the beaten path. I may dig a lot of 60s' silver, but I will be just as happy. One of my oldest silver coins (1875) was found at a house dated 1946 and it was only an inch down, so you never know!

A Morgan dollar is on my bucket list. It seems like them being so big they'd be really super easy to find. LOL

tabman

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman, did not you not say that the Gray and the Black V are the same detectors, but difference colors?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman, did not you not say that the Gray and the Black V are the same detectors, but difference colors?

Yep, I have a grey one, but I just had to have a black one. It's so pretty! For just a few dollars more you can get it with the new 11 x 8 inch DD search coil instead of the 9 x 8 inch concentric search coil.

tabman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the bigger they are, the harder they are to find, hence I mostly dig silver dimes. I'm due for a walking half, Barber quarter and SLQ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread