Blackbeard's Ship And Legacy Continue To Be Caught Up In Legal Battle

Divertwrk

Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the discovery of Blackbeard's commanding ship, the rescuers and the state came to a mutual understanding and agreement that allowed Intersal to create photos and videos of the wreckage which they could copyright. This was agreed by both parties in 1998. However, in 2015 a new law was passed by the North Carolina State Legislature stating that all photos of the ship and the wreckage were public records (belonged to the state) and could not be subject to copyright. Both Intersal and Nautilus Productions LLC have put forward lawsuits which are currently making their way through the courts. Blackbeard's ship and legacy continue to be caught up in legal battle

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering what Blackbeard would say about his ship and his treasures if he was still alive.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Divertwrk!! Fished the Bigrock Marlin Tournament out of Morehead City many times and the last trip tied up relatively close to the site of his ship!! If only I would have known, put the Rods up and busted out the Scuba Tanks!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering what Blackbeard would say about his ship and his treasures if he was still alive.

Aaaarrrggghhh! You'll be a walking me plank at the end of me cutlass you damned, landlubbing scallywags! :skullflag:

Last edited:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he were alive and saw the world as it is today, he'd probably dive off the plank by himself!

I think he'd go on a murderous rampage and try to kill as many people as he possibly could and then either sail away to places unknown, or sail off into deep, dangerous waters to sink his ship to keep everybody's hands off it and his treasures and go down with it because of all that he'd seen that could never be unseen!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread