Blackberry Jam

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't think we had picked a whole lot of berries but we ended up with 10 of the 1/2 pt jars and 10 pint jars so, along with all of the other jams we processed, we should be ok for at least a year. Tomorrow my buddy and I may pick some pears but I'm not sure what we'll do with them because we still have a bunch of canned from last year. Maybe give them away.

Attachments

• berries3.jpg
    berries3.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 51

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We also be Jammin here in the great state of Colorado now that we can smoke a joint while waiting at a bus stop and all. Dang! I can't wait til I'm too old to drive and I can be sit'n at a bus stop bench and then I'll be Jammin too. :tongue3:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we do a little different kind of "jammin'" where I come from. Of course I think the druggies are going to take over like a "zombie" race and nobody will ever make real jam again. The government will just give everyone some unknown bread topping made in China. :)

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was a late pre-teen or an early teenager, a young man I knew that lived in the Sierra Nevada foothills, had an old gold dredge on the bank of a nearby stream. I'd seen that
dredge many times, and being young, didn't think anything about it. He was probably three or four years older than me, and he got into that dredge and cleaned out all the cracks
and crevices, ripped things apart and got every bit of dirt out of it he could. He showed me the half pint jar half full of coarse gold. Your black berry jam really looks good, I love black
berry jam, but darn it, every time I see a half pint jar, all I can see is the gold halfway to the top.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just enjoy your jam. Bet it's good on hot biscuits in the morning. I'm cursed to only be able to eat sugar free jam and it isn't worth it. Your's makes my mouth water. Caramelize the pears and try them on homemade vanilla ice cream with a few roasted pecans. Ok, so I cheat sometimes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread