Blatantly Seeking Gratuitous Validation and Praise for this Find...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freshly plucked from just below the grass of a combo soccer/youth football field. I present to you a 8.3 gram, white gold band with ten 1/10th karat diamonds in the channel and marked "(C) 14K." A really nice ring found on a hunt that was purely meant for loading up on clad for our favorite charity! Oh, and I did meet my clad goal of $5.00 today too, yay!

Big gold ring.jpg
Fresh out' da sod.

It later cleaned up all sparkly and shiny!

Big gold ring 2.jpg

Thanks for peeking, I hope this weekend brings lots of goodies to all of my TNet friends! Sub 8-)

Last edited:
Upvote 46

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the honesty in your title!

Here you go: That ring is spectacular sir, a man of your talent ought to be doing this for a living or perhaps teaching MDing classes at the university. Hopefully when I grow up, I will be like you.

Congrats on the killer find Lance!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it's stamped "1/10" on the inside that's not about the diamonds. It basically means it's heavily plated. Its still a great find though, I always like finding rings, valuable or not.

How do I know my gold is real?

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice ring,i'm thinkin the prism v found it

Bowser, Thank you! I was actually using "Julio", my trusty ATPro, and got the rock solid 49 VDI at less than 2". Close enough to a nickle signal to peek my interest. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it's stamped "1/10" on the inside that's not about the diamonds. It basically means it's heavily plated. Its still a great find though, I always like finding rings, valuable or not.

How do I know my gold is real?

I hear you Icewing. This one has the markings of (C) for copyright and 14K inside. I am guessing the ten diamonds are about 1/10th karat in size, sorry for the mix up. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the honesty in your title!

Here you go: That ring is spectacular sir, a man of your talent ought to be doing this for a living or perhaps teaching MDing classes at the university. Hopefully when I grow up, I will be like you.

Congrats on the killer find Lance!

Thank you Tom, I am both flattered and flatulent...:laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Makes me want to hit more soccer and ball fields, sweet ring, good for you, give and it shall be given to you.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that thing looks better than bo derek

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful surprise ring find mate. You were KING of that field for sure!:icon_king: Gold & Ice is NICE! HOO RAH!!!:notworthy:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be happy to give said "gratuitous" validation for your find...you are a good person...good looking too...and you have mad skills with electronic machines that send radio waves into dirt...you can do your taxes accurately, too..

Enough? I got more...I'll be here all week...try the veal...tip your waiter.

Oh, and GREAT find!
Thats a Riot! Too funny

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find!!!

Louisiana Ken

Sep 17, 2012
Lacombe, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Minelab E-Trac
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think itโ€™s awesome!!!!!! Congrats on a great find!!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GVP all the way to WOW!
Awesome gold and diamond find!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Personally, I've never had much success with soccer or sports fields. :dontknow:

But, you obviously know how to find the gold better than I do! :laughing7:

Dave

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you TNet friends, for your (ahem) unsolicited and undeserved kind comments. I believe laughter is the best medicine, followed by detecting, of course. The purpose of TNet, I believe, is to share, care, and stare (at the mundane to down-right amazing finds.) Here, we help educate each other and realize that we are much the same, amazingly blessed to have the same passion for the wonderful hobby of relic/artifact/treasure/history hunting.

A note for jewelry and coin hunters re: playing fields. I believe that I have been doing this long enough to come to some conclusions. I have found my heaviest concentration of jewelry on soccer fields (pitches) in the goal box, and directly BEHIND the goal box (this is where the goalie stores their sport bags and other items) Players are very aggressive in this area of the field. Aggression=contact=lost jewelry. Now understand, in a sanctioned soccer game, especially youth, there is to be no hand jewelry worn. But pendants and necklaces usually go unnoticed by officials. AND, at pick up games on the weekends by adults is when the adult rings and jewelry get lost. Additionally, referees, coaches, and parents are always running up and down the sidelines. Sidelines produce more adult jewelry, therefore. On football fields, the sidelines are where I have found the goods. Note to coin hunters, center field is where the coin toss usually takes place, I have found many nice coins and tokens there! Hope this helps, thanks and Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread