Blistered!!

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These things worth anything? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547390732.158299.jpg

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really. What you're seeing is a bad job on the copper plating.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes - worth one cent, at least until it dissolves into a nasty small piece of crumbling zinc.

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
list on ebay. try for $10 see what happens. give it a good story.

Report what happens.

And you think there's nothing unethical about that? I can't believe you'd even suggest that. Why don't we be like other eBay scam artists and list machine doubling as doubled dies at 500 times face value? A good story can sell anything, right? Where is the line drawn between ethical and unethical?

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a mint error? People collect error coins.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Poor Abe looks like he is getting sick over the discussing zincolns. I can't blame him, probably some salt water left on the thing that is worth a penny and cost about 1.8 cents to mint.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Smokeythecat got this. Just another zincoln starting to rot. Plating is typically bad to start with. Any environmental exposure will cause the zinc to begin to oxidize, causing what you called blistering. This is not a mint error. This is the result of the current manufacturing process of cents.

Time for more coffee.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you think there's nothing unethical about that? I can't believe you'd even suggest that. Why don't we be like other eBay scam artists and list machine doubling as doubled dies at 500 times face value? A good story can sell anything, right? Where is the line drawn between ethical and unethical?

CC I thought you had calmed down a bit in your maturity ;)

It is a mint error, of the $10 ebay will get $1 and paypal will get 60¢ and USPS will get about $1.00
Dick will have to shoot photos, do the listing and all the paperwork and then ship the stinkin Lincoln. He deserves the profit.

I sell coins on ebay does this now make me a scammer? I have a copper coin listed right now for $599.00 I have have a story in the listing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143090084857 and I am not a scammer. If someone want to pay I will sell.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Absolutely a minting error, classed as III-B-3 in Alan Herbert's Minting Varieties and Errors, Fifth Edition. Here's one I eBayed for $3 a few years ago.

Last edited:

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
CC I thought you had calmed down a bit in your maturity ;)

It is a mint error, of the $10 ebay will get $1 and paypal will get 60¢ and USPS will get about $1.00
Dick will have to shoot photos, do the listing and all the paperwork and then ship the stinkin Lincoln. He deserves the profit.

I sell coins on ebay does this now make me a scammer? I have a copper coin listed right now for $599.00 I have have a story in the listing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143090084857 and I am not a scammer. If someone want to pay I will sell.
I have calmed down, but your flippant comment about "giving it a good story" to sell it up was a bit disconcerting.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Put it up on ebay for $10, if someone wants it they can buy it. Nothing unethical about it.

Maine_Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have calmed down, but your flippant comment about "giving it a good story" to sell it up was a bit disconcerting.

You interpreted the word “story” as a lie. I used it to mean a nice write up. Look at my coin listing. that is a story about my sale.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People have sold air after a hurricane went through an area
People have sold dirty underwear before it was banned from being sold
People shoot levis with birdshot from a shotgun and sell them for $100 of dollars more than actual value

I see no reason why he should not try to sell an unusual penny

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They still do in Japan, in vending machines. If you think up a product you can probably find it in a vending machine in Japan.

I should go to taco bell and literally be sitting on a million bucks??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread