BLM adjusts Mineral Management fees!

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. But I would really like to know why are they bothering to raise the fees for "adjudicating a mineral patent application" when they wont even accept any patent applications? Sounds like a waste of time and effort,,,,,, unless they are gearing up for accepting applications again??? could it be??? one could only hope, don't get my hopes up.

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info. But I would really like to know why are they bothering to raise the fees for "adjudicating a mineral patent application" when they wont even accept any patent applications? Sounds like a waste of time and effort,,,,,, unless they are gearing up for accepting applications again??? could it be??? one could only hope, don't get my hopes up.

There are quite a few patents still in process from 1994 and before. BLM still has a job to do no matter how long they drag their feet those patents still need to be adjudicated. Patents are still being issued every year.

The processing of new patents isn't banned it's just been defunded every two years by Congress. If you want patents back you need to tell your congresscritters to pony up the money next budget round.

Heavy Pans

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is truly amazing how long it is taking them to process the patents from 1994. I would love to get the patent process re-funded,,, have a couple of spots picked out just for the occasion. I think the "congresscritters" must be deaf or something,,, I keep yelling at them but they act like I don't even exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread