Blood Sucking Oil Companys and Bush

OP
OP
Dave45

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
We the common people have got to make a stand, they are sending this country into a depression its not because were low on oil its because they're greedy bastards.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Who profits from gas sales?

Station Owners: 8 percent (.3 - .15 cents per gallon)
Refiners 8 percent
Taxes 12 percent (States & Federal)
Crude Oil Producers 72 percent (countries like Saudi Arabia and companies like Exxon)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Ummmm.... it's not just us...

Spain is in turmoil. The fishing fleet is on strike, truckers are striking, French truckers are conducting slow downs, riots in India, Food store shelves all over Europe are becoming empty- all over the massive WORLDWIDE rise in fuel costs. Take a look at international news at what the rest of the world is doing over the abusive excess in fuel pricing by the folks in control.

So far, its only the Americans who seem to be quietly accepting the future of foreign oil control within our economy. Oh- there is some minor squawking on the local news channels and a few politicians attempting to garner another vote somewhere along the road and all, but that is pretty much it for us.

Quietly paying more and more... and Bush has not much of nothing to do with it all.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Time to organize CORNPEC drive up corn prices and lessen supply everywere but here. They can eat oil or produce more and trade it for corn.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Corn Originating Regions Not Helping Oil Lackey Energy Deniers or
CORNHOLED for short, lets stick it to them like they been giving it to US.They're golng to be needing that petroleum lubricant after all.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I have read that even though no polar bears have been seen in the vicinity, admission of the polar bear to the endangered species list shall prevent drilling in ANWR for a very long time.

I guess I like polar bears, but I know I like the black yucky stuff a lot!

Best,
rmptr

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Corn Originating Regions Not Helping Oil Lackey Energy Deniers or
CORNHOLED for short, lets stick it to them like they been giving it to US.They're golng to be needing that petroleum lubricant after all.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Dave45 said:
They're trying to hedge the hydrogen market read this
http://www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/2003/05/ma_375_01.html

I guess the energy industries can not win. They are criticized for not investing enough money for alternative energy sources and now they are criticized FOR investing in alternative energy sources.

Who else has built hydrogen refilling stations in southern California?

You bet using coal and natural gas for hydrogen generation as we have an endless supply of these fossil fuels.
Let us EXPORT coal and natural gas.

Isn't the main goal to develop alternative energy to get off of the high cost imported oil?

George

S

Smee

Sorry to inform you, but some of us working people are on the edge with the oil companies' greedy behavior over the past years, and are somewhat distrustful of scenario's where the fox is guarding the henhouse.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
George, I don't know if I would waste your breath. There are several hopeless idiots here that find it easier to throw up their hands and blame "big oil" and Bush, rather than actually try to understand world supply and demand. These are the same types that see conspiracy around every corner. I'm no fan of Bush, but what do these fools think he is supposed to do? Two years ago, when gas was at $2 and some change, Nancy Pelosi and the Dems claimed to have a "common sense plan" to bring down the cost of gas! Seems to me that oil and gas have spiraled out of control since the democrats took control. If you want to make feeble attempts to blame politicians for the increase in gas prices, then the blame goes squarely on the shoulders of the dems.

S

Smee

Prices only came down just before the election, and then they took off for the moon again. Standard politics.

Republicans and Democrats alike --- not a rat's backside's worth of difference between them. It secured election because the price of gas was dropping . . .

The public fell for it hook line and sinker.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
You know, they been fussing about drilling at ANWR for too many years, but there's an easy solution to the problem.
Just drill it fast & pump the oil out of there, then let it revert back to wilderness.
The sooner it's done with, the less complaining from everyone about it.... :D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
The problem with that, Zephyr, is there's probably nothing on this planet quicker than a Sierra Club lawyer filing a preliminary injunction.

Best,
rmptr

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
Smee, Is right !

It is all planed out already, both sides are controled.
Its just that most Americas haven't figured it out yet.
We surely are in "Perilous Times" now as gas goes so does
the food prices, and crime Increasing.

I do believe this depression will be far worse then the last one in 1929.
Peoples attitudes have changed a lot since then, rather then helping
others somewhat, Its changed to "Every man for himself thinking".
This younger generation is brought up with out ethics. Or respect
for others. The 1950's are gone for good. Most Respect for others is also gone.
So It will be Interesting !

LOL ! Robin

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Robin said:
Smee, Is right !

It is all planed out already, both sides are controled.
Its just that most Americas haven't figured it out yet.
We surely are in "Perilous Times" now as gas goes so does
the food prices, and crime Increasing.

I do believe this depression will be far worse then the last one in 1929.Peoples attitudes have changed a lot since then, rather then helping
others somewhat, Its changed to "Every man for himself thinking".
This younger generation is brought up with out ethics. Or respect
for others. The 1950's are gone for good. Most Respect for others is also gone.
So It will be Interesting !

LOL ! Robin

Is there a depression where you live?

Dang, I'm paying more for gas and because of that, more for some groceries - but I'm not in a depression. I think we have a LONG way to go before that happens... and it might one day.

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
Yeap M Jim,

It is depressed around here in the mountians, no work for the young people
so they all leave for LA, or some other city.
The ones who do stat usually get into drugs. Most "good kids" leave at
ages 18-23. If there lucky to get a job at Wally World or jack in the box
they might make it to age 23 befor they realise its time to get out of town.
Yep I do think we are just seeing the beginning of this next depression
and time will tell, I think with in the next few months or by next Spring for sure.
I know its not good news, but I'm a realist and seeing is believing.
$4.50 a gallon for gas has really cut my driving .
"Time will tell the whole truth". My Mom told me about the last depression, she was a little girl then. Shes also still alive today.

LOL ! Robin

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I've never lived in a depression, Jim, and NOT really sure what it would 'look' like...

Things around here seem to be moving along, but slowly.

Not much work for me, so I go out every day and look, talking to lots of different people.

Those that are working say they have not been. Stores are closing up.
No one wants to do maintenance work. Only necessary immediate repairs.

A couple housing tracts where the builder just walked away.
Others only a few people working on 1 or 2 houses.

BIG builder just stopped and left town.

Loan company folded up. Requirements too stiff now.
Half a dozen mortgage/financial companies shut down... some w/criminal charges filed, others just civil.

Home values decreasing.
Foreclosures escalating.

Car dealership closed.
Many real estate offices closed.

Weekend flurry of traffic going to beach cities less than 1/4 what it was last year.

I see MANY more young men in the parks with their children, when I metal detect.
They kinda look out of place, aren't really sure what they're doing there, and they're NOT real happy about being there playing with their kids, as one would expect.

Unemployment is rising.
Under-employed even worse!

A whole bunch of yard sale ads on craigslist say 'we're moving'
A lot of construction worker type trucks parked on every street with for sale signs.

Pawn shop is STUFFED with tools.
Tool store was EMPTY when I went in.

Jim, I'm really not sure what to expect, but it doesn't look good.

I hope things are doing well up in Montana!
We couldn't really afford to drive there to find out...

Best,
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread