Blue bowel vs. black magic miller table

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Grimesnm.
I too explored automated fine gold recovery systems. You will probably have to draw your own conclusions, but from my research the Miller Table had the consensus of being the better product design. It also made logical sense to me....the table replicates what we do with a pan in washing a small amount of water over our concentrates. My first hand experience is only with the Miller Table, and I know all systems out there have their supporters, but even my very first time using a Miller Table I recovered gold so small you could not easily recover it in a pan. i would be surprised if gold this fine could even be recovered from panning. When I noticed the first flake I turned off the water. Losing the natural magnification of the water I could not find the flake. Only after turning the water back on was I able to find it again and used a snuffer bottle to pull it out. If you read my other recent thread I ended up with a Black Magic Miller Table specifically and I will never again pan. Good luck with your research.

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can only speak for a miller table. Made my own and as matt_unique said super fine gold so small you can barely see it is easily recovered with it. My 2 cents.

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also have the black magic miller table and it catches very fine gold and its fun to do in the garage on the weekends so the black magic has my vote

gunlocators

Jun 6, 2014
Lubbock Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Blue bowl and a Martin Prospecting Miller Table. Both work but I would pick the miller table as my favorite every time after using both. It seems faster to me.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I much prefer the green and blue bowls. As you can see different strokes for different folks. One mans' pleasure is yet another pain. A REAL MIller table is a thing of beauty and a zillion knockoffs are just concentrating tables made in effigy of the real deal. He died and his righteous product line also,same as mine. I lend mine out or give free lessons on how to use so new folks can make their own informed decision. I've never had the privledge to run my buds Russaus' home made table but hear it's quite excellent-any pics to post Russ??John

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
john its been packed away for sometime now because of my back! Ill try to dig it out and take some pics of it, BUT once you've seen one you've seen them all! AZ has already posted pics of his super looking Miller table. but thankyou for the compliment!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions