Blue Bowl Question

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put the valve in the middle of you hose,set flow for the size material you are running with no material in the bowl.When you add material the water level will drop slightly but will come back up as material is run.
Readjust for next smaller size material and do as above.
Do not adjust after material is added.
I use a 1500 gph pump on mine. Wes

OP
OP
O

Old Radio Tech

Nov 17, 2011
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been waiting until the water level returns to set level before I add more material. With a 1500 GPH pump isn't your adjustment hairline? That's what I'm trying to get away from. I'd like 1/4-1/2 turn on the valve per 1/4" of water level change.

Working to set up a drip type autofeed also, so I don't have to babysit the bowl so much.

Paul

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gate valve is a lot easier to adjust than a ball valve.
I use the same pump for my P3 and it likes a little more water than the 750 gph.
This pump works good for both. Wes

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
I've got a brass gate valve in the hose about 8" away from the bowl (the brass valve has more turns than the plastic ones and easier to adjust than the ball valves) and use a 500gph pump. Works fine and more than enough water. Doug.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was at the Salem Gold & Treasure Show I had a guy tell me that he puts two valves back to back but can't recall what type, said that seemed to work.

OP
OP
O

Old Radio Tech

Nov 17, 2011
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that's what I'm talking about. My local Hydroponics shop had a submersible, AC powered 160GPH pump with a 1/2 fitting. Pulled out the filter. Coupled with the 6 turn Gate( stop) valve, and I've got CONTROL. It takes a full 1/4 turn to change the water level by 1/8". With a ball valve inline, I can leave the gate valve preset and open the ball valve slowly till full open.

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll have to give that a try, I noticed that I was having to readjust my level now and then.

Gramps

OP
OP
O

Old Radio Tech

Nov 17, 2011
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Other
With the 160GPH the flow is much smoother also. Very little vibration. I think the 750GPH needs to be secured. It sits there at the bottom of the tank and shudders as it pumps, and that shudder is transferred to the bowl even through secured valves.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that pump is for a fish tank you can get them cheap on ebay, i use a 1000 gph on my bowl and it works great i built a custom table that is extra tall i have a bad back so i dont like to bend over i have a auto feeder that uses vibration to feed into the bowl i pulled the guts out of a back wedge the ones for a car and mounted it on the feeder stand also put a single bulb shop light right above it just incase it is dark and always run with jet dry.

DSCN0960.JPG

OP
OP
O

Old Radio Tech

Nov 17, 2011
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Other
What tip sizes are you using on your autofeeder? I've gone to a mechanical feed over the drip because the drip is like a semi controlled flush.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a transmission funnel that has the adjustable fitting from walmart i took the clear tubing off and pulled the screen out. i think my next mod is to add the drip right now i use the vibration and turkey bayster. but i do know what your talking about if you have it to open and add water ya it will flush out quick.

Navy Guy

Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A feeder is a great idea. I waste too much time feeding it slow enough for good results. If you succeed, let us know how you did it. Until something like an auto fill is made, my blue bowl is a wall ornament.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mine works great ive been using it for two years. i got the idea from a guy on you tube mines not as detailed as his but it was easy to make.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions