12 KB · Views: 23,938
Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry,hmmm - that was my obviously poor attempt at humor. "Round the world" - in my dreams. Thanks for showing us the process - very informative.

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
That clay looks so cool have you had it analyzed chemically to see what it's made of . I haven't gone to the beginning of this thread yet to see where it " you " are from but it really is interesting stuff the clay and the story. Hope you can get folks all over the world spreading it on themselves . Then maybe jumping in a lake or something. Oops that maybe sounded bad. You get my gist. Blue Clay, Oil Of Olay. Grey Mudd use it in the tubb .

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got me fullpan, I'm still laughing over that one. i once bought a rock cause the guy said "if i put salt on it and leave it in the sun it will turn to gold". doh

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... the blue clay will rob you faster than...well...OBAMA!!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... the blue clay will rob you faster than...well...OBAMA!!
HI PANNER
When you are standing over a hole , ever get the feeling you are being watched.

EuropIan

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hmmm. I've not been a member for long even though I've visited this forum for some time. All power to you for your tenacity, hard work & determination. I've mined blue clay in the Cariboo & found it to be sheer murder. I would not recommend that you get involved with trommel & sluice before you have fully explored other methods to recover the metals. Most likely will require kiln drying. Your clay sales are great as most folk hitting this stuff would either walk away or dig it off & discard it to get what's underneath. I've actually witnessed some of natures 'processing' of clay during 2011, an extremely wet season. The creek I was near had a wall of clay at one side of the creek. During my time there I saw this wall peel off great chunks into the creek where they got churned up & disolved. As this process continued various patches in the creek downstream became coated in a brand new clay deposit, where the water was slack the clay just sat & fell to build up on the stream bed. In this process the clay was coating gravels once again as it had probably done many times over. A mile or so downstream the creek in question flowed through what was a glacial lake, there the clay layer was 15 feet thick but the gravels beneath had +/- 12g/t. Great but when you calculate in the overburden & clay volumes the values are back to 'average' I hope you hit at least gravels soon & then bedrock as that is where the high values will be & then you can judge better what machinery to buy. IMHO I think processing the clay to recover metals will not prove to be profitable but the chances of very good dirt underneath are excellent. Is there any chance of drilling? I would also recommend some testing above the clay, especially beneath any rocky features, best gold I found was in the gravels on top of clay & my knowledge was gained coping with the nightmare resulting from trying to include the top inch or two of the clay!! The very best of luck to you. Take care though, you can't buy a new back.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Europian :hello:
Yes it would be nice to find gold, but our interest is in finding out the volume if clay.
It is a very unique clay and meets the safe levels of heavy metals for cosmetic clay.
It also has 20% non fibrous actinolite in it, this is a gemstone used for healing.
There is also %63 quartz in it as well.
Right now the deposit appears to be 9 feet down, 40 feet wide and we have still not hit the bottom.. That works out to nearly 40 yards of clay per every 3 feet . :hello2:
Right now we get $4.5 per pound and 1800 pounds per yard. You do the math, now we just need the big markets or a good marketer. :thumbsup:
We went in 1 day since October to check the hole, hmm just scrolled back to panner59 post to see the date we went in, oh ya it was march 31. :icon_scratch:
It was good to see nothing changed , all we need to do is open the hole and we can start to dig again.
Good news, i have found a new partner for detecting for history, a local Indian. :headbang:
Should be some good finds to come, for those who remember , he was the little Indian who was in the perfect storm, i never did get the rainbow picture.
You are right i cant buy a new back, but it looks like i need to buy a new heart, the doc told me i failed the stress test and need to go in for a Mibi , then he said "we can fix you" :laughing7: wish me luck hmmm

patfreak

Apr 20, 2013
hi,idk if this is the right thread but im new in this kind of hobby.i live literally in mountain in philippines.i found some quartz and some big gray clay with a iron rust when i broke it. underneath a big boulder near the old river.i want to know if i can extract some precious metal within that clay or i just need to move on and look for anotger spot?tia

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat, your flood gold will be on top of the clay layer. There may also be gold just inside of the first inch. Clean the overburden off until you his the clay, then run that stuff through your sluice box.

As for the clay, who knows!

patfreak

Apr 20, 2013
Pat, your flood gold will be on top of the clay layer. There may also be gold just inside of the first inch. Clean the overburden off until you his the clay, then run that stuff through your sluice box.

As for the clay, who knows!

thanks mr.lee ill pan it and hopefully see some gold in there..

patfreak

Apr 20, 2013
and another one is this green clay illite?we found it on top of the mountain below the mini waterfall.while treasure trail finding/hard rock classifying.

Attachments

• image-1167438554.jpg
    image-1167438554.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 189
  • image-1088080579.jpg
    image-1088080579.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 237

elkie13

Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a claim up in Alaska, I don't know if we see the same thing you are seeing, but the blue clay has always been a good sign to us. The clay acts like a "false bedrock" and we find the gold no so much in it, but on top of it.

I met an old timer who claimed he made his fortune when he found turquoise blue clay.

patfreak

Apr 20, 2013
I have a claim up in Alaska, I don't know if we see the same thing you are seeing, but the blue clay has always been a good sign to us. The clay acts like a "false bedrock" and we find the gold no so much in it, but on top of it.

I met an old timer who claimed he made his fortune when he found turquoise blue clay.

thanks elkie..i saw another spot i think its turquoise blue clay..its this the one?

Attachments

• image-1261753582.jpg
    image-1261753582.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 223

elkie13

Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks elkie..i saw another spot i think its turquoise blue clay..its this the one?

Wow that certainly is turquoise! I've never run into it on my claim but did see something like that at a recreational area up north near the Canadian border i used to go to. It did have quite a bit of gold but it was all mixed up and piled there by a backhoe so I never got to see where it came from. Lord was it a lot of work to process!

The stuff your seeing reminds me of an article I read about a historic claim near mine. Scan down to where they are talking about the clay layers/colors and specifically where the gold was in relation. http://www.detectorprospector.com/s...ayers-crow-creek-mine-alaska.htm#.UZSOiCi9Kc0

Have you ever heard of a hydro force nozzle? We find this can work well to clean the top of the clay after we've run everything above it.

patfreak

Apr 20, 2013
Wow that certainly is turquoise! I've never run into it on my claim but did see something like that at a recreational area up north near the Canadian border i used to go to. It did have quite a bit of gold but it was all mixed up and piled there by a backhoe so I never got to see where it came from. Lord was it a lot of work to process!

The stuff your seeing reminds me of an article I read about a historic claim near mine. Scan down to where they are talking about the clay layers/colors and specifically where the gold was in relation. http://www.detectorprospector.com/steves-mining-journal/gold-layers-crow-creek-mine-alaska.htm#.UZSOiCi9Kc0

Have you ever heard of a hydro force nozzle? We find this can work well to clean the top of the clay after we've run everything above it.

it was backhoe too and soil was too soft to step on and the turquoise clay is all above the side of what i think was ancient river bed

Attachments

• image-3947377082.jpg
    image-3947377082.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 289

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Fisher F2, Fisher F Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this is not too far off topic but.... I recently saw on a show called "America Unearthed" an entire episode called "America Maya Secrets". They talk about a mound site found in Georgia's Chattahoochee Forest they believe is related to the Mayans. They use and analyze the blue clay vs. blue pigment used by Mayans in South America. They seemed to think that some of the South American pigment may have came from the Georgia blue clay. What is funny I NEVER heard them once say the word GOLD! The Mayans all but worshiped gold. SO it is MY theory that if the blue clay went south for pigment why would gold not come North. For that matter if the site in Georgia is related to the Mayans and has the blue clay I bet there is also a gold source near by. BUT that is just my thought on it.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this is not too far off topic but.... I recently saw on a show called "America Unearthed" an entire episode called "America Maya Secrets". They talk about a mound site found in Georgia's Chattahoochee Forest they believe is related to the Mayans. They use and analyze the blue clay vs. blue pigment used by Mayans in South America. They seemed to think that some of the South American pigment may have came from the Georgia blue clay. What is funny I NEVER heard them once say the word GOLD! The Mayans all but worshiped gold. SO it is MY theory that if the blue clay went south for pigment why would gold not come North. For that matter if the site in Georgia is related to the Mayans and has the blue clay I bet there is also a gold source near by. BUT that is just my thought on it.
:hello2:
MOJO YOU ARE BANG ON TOPIC, :notworthy: This is why i started this topic.
27 years ago i found the clay, the next year i found evidence that it was mined by a seafaring culture that left celestial monuments similar to Mayan monuments.
The location of this clay deposit and the local trade between the west coast native cultures makes it very plausible the Mayan came here to mine. :icon_thumleft:

patfreak

Apr 20, 2013
so is it the same hmmm?the clay use for cosmetic?where can i sell it?its like hectares of turquoise blue clay..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread