• bluegrd.jpg
    bluegrd.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 23,938
Upvote 0

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
hmmm said:
:laughing9:
It gets way better, you all are welcome to come for a visit.
:hello2: pm me for the name of the town. :hello:
:coffee2: http://bluestoneclay.webs.com :laughing7:

Those guys talk about the healing properties of the clay, well its a known fact that silver is an antibacterial and a compound of silver is used in treating burn victims. Wikipedia even talks about this a little:
Its compounds are used in photographic film and dilute silver nitrate solutions and other silver compounds are used as disinfectants and microbiocides. While many medical antimicrobial uses of silver have been supplanted by antibiotics, further research into clinical potential continues.

However many of the other heavy metals are not quite so safe and I sure wouldn't think bathing in them would be a good idea.

SCBUZZ

Mar 27, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Astro I got the truck if you got the gas? lol. I would love to see this place. And congratulations it's great to see an average Joe make it big and make all those who say we are crazy for doing what we do cry in there pillows!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alpha105 said:
This a finders keepers visit? =)
:hello2: If you are going to use it for your own ailments, Take a bag, but don't take a tonne. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 19402tn.jpg
    19402tn.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 4,091
  • 19403tn.jpg
    19403tn.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 4,383
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer said:
hmmm said:
:laughing9:
It gets way better, you all are welcome to come for a visit.
:hello2: pm me for the name of the town. :hello:
:coffee2: http://bluestoneclay.webs.com :laughing7:

Those guys talk about the healing properties of the clay, well its a known fact that silver is an antibacterial and a compound of silver is used in treating burn victims. Wikipedia even talks about this a little:
Its compounds are used in photographic film and dilute silver nitrate solutions and other silver compounds are used as disinfectants and microbiocides. While many medical antimicrobial uses of silver have been supplanted by antibiotics, further research into clinical potential continues.

However many of the other heavy metals are not quite so safe and I sure wouldn't think bathing in them would be a good idea.
:read2: I totaly agree, I will test the clay before we processes it, then again after it is processed.
its all about how mother nature let the clay settel, the heavy metals settel out and the farther from the source, the finer the clay. I think the creamy clay will turn out to be edibile , like the calcium bentinite clay. Now 5o feet away the clay is mixed with seaweed :wink: .
thats what the puddle box is for, it settels out the heavies..
;D We switched to a cement mixer to make the clay, a ::) doh.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o
ok yesterday was a rush, i have a sore back so i took my boat to the creamy clay spot, by my self.
:occasion14: i was wandering around, triming some salal and i heard somthing. :icon_scratch:
i walked over to the creek about 50 feet from where i was cliping salal, i saw some tracks, looked like a very small bear. it walked over to my tracks, then it steped in my track and put out its claws. bear my ass, it was a young cougar, he was telling me who is the owner of this spot. :notworthy:
i may have to take the traper modle 3030 with me next time and :occasion14: he is going to have to share. ::)

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make great rugs to wipe your feet on after a long day of prospecting.

rush

Aug 24, 2009
hey hmmm did you get my pm?Here's some pics
of the river!
less pics 170 (Small).jpg less pics 171 (Small).jpg less pics 172 (Small).jpg less pics 173 (Small).jpg less pics 176 (Small).jpg
less pics 177 (Small).jpg
I know that if you
dig into that bank you
will find blue clay!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just pmed you rush, went to get more clay today, what a rush, had a huge otter come say hi.
very interisting, the blue layer has a red layer under it, cant wait to see whats on the bed rock. we are starting to sell soon. then i can buy a camera, shock proof of course. :tongue3:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIG DIG DIG DIG ;D hole's gitten bigger.
:icon_sunny: Sailed home with a boat load today. :laughing9:

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
wonderful simply great i'm proud to know you are now rich proves the saying good comes to those who wait . let this be a lesson to the nintendo couch potatos that have no ambition . good luck stay safe and your in my prayers hmmmmm. goldie

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening just found this forum. congrats my friend. As 'Oro de Tayopa' suggested, a small smelter can easily be built. Remember the chimney does not have to be vertical, it can lay on the ground with a slope. Naturally the steeper the better. This easier, faster, and cheaper by far, also just as efficient effectively.

Our friend beat me to it, but I will post it anyway --> read a local legend about a lost vally where the indians used to bath in clay, they say it healed the body.

Silver has long been known for this property, just now being accepted again by the med profession. Successfully kills antibiotic resistant critters. "Colloidal Silver".

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp said:
Good evening just found this forum. congrats my friend. As 'Oro de Tayopa' suggested, a small smelter can easily be built. Remember the chimney does not have to be vertical, it can lay on the ground with a slope. Naturally the steeper the better. This easier, faster, and cheaper by far, also just as efficient effectively.

Our friend beat me to it, but I will post it anyway --> read a local legend about a lost vally where the indians used to bath in clay, they say it healed the body.

Silver has long been known for this property, just now being accepted again by the med profession. Successfully kills antibiotic resistant critters. "Colloidal Silver".

Don Jose de La Mancha
THANKS FOR THAT TROPICAL TRAMP.
I have heard a story about the vally of blue clay in canada, if you have a diferent one from a diferent area, could you post a link to it.
thanks.

shamantreasure

Greenie
Jan 1, 2010
South Dakota
What a claim you have. Must feel good hmmm

You could probably make a fortune just selling your clay with water in bottles to health stores.

This is an incredible thread thanks fer sharing.
:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shamantreasure said:
What a claim you have. Must feel good hmmm

You could probably make a fortune just selling your clay with water in bottles to health stores.

This is an incredible thread thanks fer sharing.
:icon_thumright:
:hello2: shamantreasure
I tried to put it in water bottles , :icon_thumleft: recycle. the promlemo is, getting it out when you get near the bottom. it is a good idea though.
we are stoked about digging for the fist sized nuggets in the third ravine, just above my old cabin, which is just below the one of the blue clay spots exposed by slumach 100 years ago.
when i built the cabin 25 years ago, it was a 1.5 hour hike, now its a 5 minute hike , wahooo :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
my goal now is to make money off the clay and start hiring.
hmmm

Attachments

• mycabin.jpg
    mycabin.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,677

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:walk: Looks like the area of dem bones and boxes. Good luck :thumbsup:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this thread and sorry I didn't find it sooner. It's all very interesting and exciting. Anyway, just thought that I'd offer a suggestion. I saw a post earlier that suggested using mercury to collect the silver, gold and pt groups. The problem with this is, you would have an amalgm of everything. Then, it costs to have it all separated.

Why not take your clay (somewhat dry,) put it in a tank. The tank would have to be either stainless steel or plastic. (Come to think of it, they make plastic water holding tanks,) It shouldn't be hard to build a slow agitator for the tank, then use Nitric Acid to collect the silver. Then, it's relatively inexpensive to electrowin the silver. (I use to help a friend with this process.) Once you drain the acid off to win the silver out of it, the residue in the tank would be, (for the most part,) gold, platinum, the black sand, and mica/silica particals. Since I've never dealt with platinum, I'm not sure if it is attracted to mercury, but I know that gold is.

Obviously, there's no problem in washing the mica/silica away, and the black sand can be collected and saved. If it's magnatite, (and I'd almost be willing to guarantee you that most of it will be,) use a magnet to get it out of the gold and platinum, but still save it. Many years ago, I had a metallurgist tell me; "magnatite forms around a core metal, most often gold or platinum". This is the reason that there are companies that pay good money for "black sand".

Anyway, I hope that this helps a little.

Eagle

Depending on the comparitive amounts, the mixture of gold and silver would be little or no problem, as both are high on the "desirable" list. :laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EagleDown said:
Many years ago, I had a metallurgist tell me; "magnatite forms around a core metal, most often gold or platinum". This is the reason that there are companies that pay good money for "black sand".

Eagle

Please name one company that purchases black sand. I have thrown away tons. :tongue3:

GG~

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GoodyGuy said:
EagleDown said:
Many years ago, I had a metallurgist tell me; "magnatite forms around a core metal, most often gold or platinum". This is the reason that there are companies that pay good money for "black sand".

Eagle

Please name one company that purchases black sand. I have thrown away tons. :tongue3:

GG~
Ditto GG! :icon_thumleft:

Magnetite is of the chemical formula: Fe3O4, so how would it be related to platinum etc? If I'd know, I'd be all over Kiruna! :icon_pirat:
Magnetite however can contain Titanium, Magnesium among other. :coffee2:
If I recall right it can substitute for Fe. :thumbsup:

Black sands have though been said to contain gold, breaking up the black sands can indeed give a bit more gold, however for me its not worth the time. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread