blue colors clay with mix rocks

lanskie

Jan 25, 2008
hi! Where just digging some rock and soil for a new swimming pool when some thing comes in our way its like a blue color clay mud with some big stone ( some 20ft by 10 ft in size ) with lots of mix stone and soil on it but the difference is the color and its only compiled in one section of the lot we digging. the location of the lot we digging is 20 ft for the slope of the mountain and 1000 ft for the nearest lake. when we dig this land the surface is ordinary soil with mango tree sitting on a big rock then beneath the rock we see the blue clay type of soil. can anyone tell us what it this blue clay and is this a mineral or a soil? pls help.tnx

Attachments

• DSCI0005.JPG
    DSCI0005.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCI0012.JPG
    DSCI0012.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCI0007.JPG
    DSCI0007.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 305

TRHunter

Feb 27, 2008
HI Most blue clays I have seen ( I am a rabid rockhound) are bentinite clay highly prized in the pond building industry becouse they are so waterproof. A mineral is a combination of naturally occuring ellements. Thus all soils are made up of minerals. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TRHunter said:
HI Most blue clays I have seen ( I am a rabid rockhound) are bentinite clay highly prized in the pond building industry becouse they are so waterproof. A mineral is a combination of naturally occuring ellements. Thus all soils are made up of minerals. Hope that helps.
You might add that most of those elements are non organic.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread