Blue green ceramic vase greek?

lewisaroyer

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this ceramic vase up thrifting. It has what looks like a thin blue glaze with some green mixed in on the outside and inside. There is a floral pattern engraved with some greek looking trim around the top. I don't have a clue as to what it is or where it originated. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! IMAG0297.jpg IMAG0298.jpg IMAG0299.jpg IMAG0301.jpg

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0
S

stefen

Really? Can I ask how you know that?

Lewisa,

You posted in the subsection: "What Is It". Below I took the liberty to describe what I know about modern ceramics based on my personal and professional background.

1. Its an inexpensive ceramic vase that is molded (cast), it's not hand thrown, which makes it a high volumn production.

2. Its glazed outside and inside, as well, which speaks to being made most likely in the orient...China would be a good guess.

3. The glazing technique means it was fully dipped which signifies assembly line production, cheap labor and big hurry to mass produce a product for export.

4. This type of garden or table art is quite commonly sold at garden centers such as Home Depot.

5. And it's not a Greek pattern.

I hope this answers your question.

Stefen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm leaning towards what Stefan has concluded, but maybe post it also in the thrift store or garage sale forum, as that's the kind thing they're finding. I see a thisle design. To me that indicates something Scottish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

stefen

I'm leaning towards what Stefan has concluded, but maybe post it also in the thrift store or garage sale forum, as that's the kind thing they're finding. I see a thisle design. To me that indicates something Scottish.

Tamrick

The first line of import is thru Garden Centers, and somewhere along the line they are sold thru a garage sale or donated to a thrift shop.

Or lastly the owner is tired of the vase and throws it into the trash or it's accidentally broken then trashed.

It is what it is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread