worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Throwing peanuts to the squirrels and chipmunks I noticed blue jays landing overhead in the branches spying out peanuts,I threw one right in front of a squirrel and a jay swooped down and snatched it up,left the squirrel a bit dumb founded too :laughing7:.

K1024_DSCN8835_InPixio.JPG

K1024_DSCN8864.JPG

They hide among the leaves..

K1024_DSCN8888_InPixio.JPG

K1024_DSCN8902_InPixio.JPG

K1024_DSCN8895_InPixio.JPG

K1024_DSCN8896_InPixio.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Great photos! Nature is awesome!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the squirrels here take off with a peanut go a little ways and act as if it's digging a hole to bury the nut in the ground. You can see the squirrel still has the nut in its mouth as he runs off and the blue Jay's swoops down to the spot where it thought the squirrel stashed the nut only to discover it had been duped. The one unique thing I've seen one blue jay do is sit high in the tree and mimic the exact sound of a red tail hawk. That causes the squirrels to hang low in the branches and freeze still. The blue jays then have for a time to snatch as many nuts as they can, before the squirrels think the coast is clear and the hawk is no longer around.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the chippers around here, get them to take peanuts and sunflower seeds from my hand. Sometimes I see those dang jays actually attack a chipmunk carrying a peanut and get him to drop it. Dang jays also attack and kill the baby barn swallows in their nests. Pretty birds but bullies for sure. Site seems slow today, can't upload photos. Just tried again, speed faster, got a couple chipper pics in. This little cutie even allowed mee to lift my hand up while he/she was getting the peanut. They seem to prefer the sunflower seed, will bypass a peanut to get the seeds.

DSCN2414.JPG DSCN2423.JPG DSCN2343.JPG DSCN2348.JPG

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics good advantage to be able to fly and swoop....lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great photos, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I feed the squirrels everyday & put out a few for the Jays. The squirrels will take them from my hand, still can't get the Jays to do that but trying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread