blue ridge parkway

iwhitley

May 3, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer, Trex Sand scoop, Piranha Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are grinding up the old road and almost immediately putting down new pavement in its place. Saw them this weekiend about mile marker 11 I think.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If you take a look at the laws for the Blue Ridge Parkway, metal detecting is absolutely forbidden :(

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh. . the Blue Ridge Parkway. . . we decided to take the scenic route through there one summer and after an hour
of scenic beauty turn after turn (getting dizzy) my wife said get off at the next turn. . . I did, 30-minutes later.

It was cool though :camera:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Austria and drive the highway into the mountains and you will not want to get off unless of course you do not like being way up high on a single lane road in each direction! I'd do Austria in a second, it would take me many years to do the BRP again, though in the fall as the leaves are turning it is pretty.....................63bkpkr

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I live right off the parkway. I hadn't even thought about detecting there until I read that it was illegal.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions