OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on guys someone has had to prospected Blue River.... From Tishamingo all the way to the Red River and ur telling me no OKIE has prospected it but me!! I don't believe that, come on post ANY info you have even if it's second hand info..
Thanks OKIE

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most prospectors never come here. I'm sure there are plenty who have poked around in it.

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL..TRUE... but if ur from here and have limited income you have to go where u can!! I know there is gold on BOTH sides of the state East and West and as you know Durant is right in the middle about 13 miles North of Red River on HWY 75 the gold is about 120 miles to the west of there and about 70 miles to the east of there.
Jason, I have an old hand made rock crossing in our place where it was made in the early 1800's that has been sinking with the river bed. the rock crossing is about 14' long going across the river and about 6' wide where the wagons crossed. The banks have sluffed off about 18' deep, not real easy to get to but it can be done, then there is a 2nd rock crossing about 1 mile down river. the water is about 3 to 4' deep there and FAST moving. Would you be interested in looking at those spots with me??
Thanks Jason
OKIE

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly, but the fast water comment gives me a little concern. Fast water is difficult and possibly dangerous to mess with. Things (artifacts, gold, etc) don't typically setting where the water is fast. They look for pools, wide spots, or other places where the current slows down to drop out of the flow.

But hey, you never know if you don't go! Fording spots could be very nice places to search.

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 2nd spot has a bend in it and there is high flat ground with big rocks where the water flows when it floods and the bend is veth shallow and the water slows a lot there and has a 10' wide sand and gravel bed on top of clay. u will just have to see it... the high f;at spot is where i found the gold specks.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you found gold there, then it sounds like a good starting place! Was this from the surface area or dig you dig down to get it? Any idea how deep the overburden is before bedrock?

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are 2 shelf banks from the old river channel right in that spot also.

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in NC but am going to make a trip to my moms in mid Feb. she lives in Blue OK

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, I tried to draw it out the best I could so don't laugh....LOL

Attachments

• blue river 001.JPG
    blue river 001.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 347
  • blue river 002.JPG
    blue river 002.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 372
  • blue river 003.JPG
    blue river 003.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 444

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with those drawings, I understand them completely

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Okie

i have fond a lot of good gold in fast water dredging in Idaho with the big er gold being heavy er it will be there were the smaller gold will drop off father down stream u just need to be carfull when working fast water but the payouts can be very lucrative.

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, If I'm going to get wet I will be looking EVERY WHERE for it....fast, slow on land it done matter when you have the fever ya gotta get ur fix :BangHead: :tard:....its faster water there but its shallow water only about 3' and it has almost no over burden. :notworthy:

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this old rock rive crossing the Rebs lost a wagon with gold in it... Reb payroll ... it was never found!!! maybe we could get lucky and dredge up some of those old gold coins.... :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woohoo! I'd dredge to bedrock / clay layer in search for that!

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may should have not posted that in here... there will be 200 dredges in that 1 mile of river now...LOL... :help:

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw its ok its OUR LAND and trespassers will be shot then questioned..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread