bluethooth transmitters

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been shopping for headphones for detecting and I have been looking at these stand alone Bluetooth transmitter dongles,which will connect with any any blutooth headphones. My question is has anyone used any of these and do they work well,especially as far as lag goes,but also clarity and ease of connecting....Thanx Barry

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've tried the Avantree Saturns, which are bluetooth transmitter/receiver units that use aptx technology, which is supposed to make them faster than regular bluetooth. One unit can be used with the detector as the transmitter, the other with the headphones as the receiver. Sound is good, lag is bad.......totally unusable for detecting. Stay away from bluetooth.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find some headphones that use Kleer technology and you won't have any lag. Radio Shack use to carry Auvio headphones that were good but they are discontinued and not available. Bluetooth won't work !! TDK WR700's work good but are more expensive than the Auvios were.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just remembered that I read a post about the Rapoo Wireless Headphones that you can get on Amazon work well too but I have never used them. I plan to purchase a set soon and try them out !!! They are around $45 -$50

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple years back, I purchased wireless "buds" from The Shack. A small transmitter plugs into headphone jack and the receiver is between left and right buds. Auvio is the brand. No lag at all. I stopped using them though. The ear inserts are fixed. I broke two sets removing them to dig. If ear inserts had a swivel design, they would have been great. Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread