Bluetooth earbuds with the Nox 600

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds to use with my Equinox 600 off of Amazon. Nothing special about these other than being low latency aptX.

I got these to use in the Texas summer as I sweat in a cool breeze. No way can I wear full headphones when its 95+ outside.

I hunted with these for the first time at 3 different hunts in 97 degrees this weekend. I paid close attention to target location to see if there was a lag in the sound reception causing the pinpointing to be off.

I noticed no difference in target pinpointing in comparison to using wired headphones.

For me, the Nox is like a laser on pinpointing and using aptx eaebuds doesn't seem to throw that off.

Using earbuds, you almost forget you have them in. They are super light and I can take one out to listen around me while still hearing the other earbud. 20180529_080152.jpeg

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good to hear the Nox is a pinpointing "laser"
what pinpointing method have you been using?

OP
OP
GameOfTones

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I first
good to hear the Nox is a pinpointing "laser"
what pinpointing method have you been using?
Once I know I want to dig the target, I'll listen to where the target drops off of the coil as I move the coil over the target in an X.
That, for me, tells me just about where it is going to be.

Then I goto pinpoint mode on the machine and watch the meter. The combo of these two methods tell me the size of the target.
I'm usually within an inch or so of the target if its a coin or button sized item.

I have had a brass target end up in the wall after removing plug. Don't know how I didn't nick that one. I think since it was shallow and high conductor that it threw off the pinpointing a bit.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what kind are they? how much were they? I too hate the headsets, too hot and sweaty.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a pair Walmart.com on sale for $23 and change. They are Trelab XR100 4.1 and have the mic so I can use my phone and detector at the same time, and they keep up with the 600 perfectly. The are very crisp & clear and so sensitive I can hear myself breathing though the mic. I gave them a full charge when I got them and have hunted about 8-9 hours with them and still no battery warning. They came in a nice carry case with an assortment of xtra buds. They are a perfect fit for me and don't slip for fall out and they are sweat proof.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you confirm that you are actually getting the bluetooth with the "+" symbol on your 600? If so, those would be the first set of bluetooth ear buds that are true APTX LL that I have seen actually for sale. Some are advertising APTX LL, but they are actually just APTX and the resulting lag is noticeable (up to 60ms more latency than APTX LL).

OP
OP
GameOfTones

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me take a look as soon as I get home and confirm all questions about them.

Report back soon....

OP
OP
GameOfTones

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not notice but you are right, there is not a + on the connection on the screen.

Below I have a pic of my screen when the earbuds are connected.

I do not doubt they are only aptX and not the + but I am still pinpointing just fine and to me doesn't seem to be a lag.
Although my brain could be off just enough to compensate any lag, it's off in other areas for sure!

The other pic is a screen cap of the Amazon page of the ones I bought. I'm not suggesting these are the ones anyone should buy, only the ones I picked up on the cheap.
I only had to pair these to the 600 once and they have connected everytime I've powered up the 600. And unlike my AT Max with the wireless headphones, the earbuds have not lost connection unless I ealk too far from my machine.

Not to bash the Max here (and I am still a fan of the Max) but I've been on park hunts where my headphones would kick out and disconnect constantly.

So now I guess I have to find ones that are the aptX +. But I'm sure those will be much more than the $22 I spent on these. 20180529_173634.jpeg 20180529_175401.jpeg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for checking, 'tones. Really appreciate it.
Dang. I have found the APTX earbuds are just barely tolerable but noticeably lag more than the APTX LL headphones. I kept a pair of similarly priced APTX earbuds (Anker brand) for wet conditions as there are really no other APTX LL ear buds you can buy right now. Glad you find them tolerable. Some folks are even complaining that APTX LL is even too much lag while others say non-APTX BT Headphones work just fine. So the variation in how the lag affects people is large. HH

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried a pair of BT earbuds that were not APTX rated and man was the lag time terrible, not even close to usable.

NaplesMark

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2017
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030; Equinox 800; Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rejoice in all circumstance....whether it be gold, pull tabs or junk as real treasure is not what you find in the ground, but in God’s creation all around. Don’t forget to take a moment to “smell the roses” and give thanks wherever life takes you!

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I kinda wish the built-in audio would stay on, or could be turned on, in addition to the bluetooth. My girl usually sits in the car and catches some sun while I detect, she uses it like a locating beacon.....she hears me beeping, and knows all is well, and where I am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread