Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Posting this blunderbuss for a friend. He is interested in anything that you can tell me about it, where/when it was made, and its value.

HPIM4741.JPG HPIM4733.JPG HPIM4734.JPG HPIM4735.JPG HPIM4736.JPG HPIM4737.JPG HPIM4738.JPG HPIM4739.JPG

Thanks in advance,

Buckles

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spanish looking miquelet lock. Percussion was invented around 1820 so after that and to my eye lookes more 1850-1880 from the rest of the hardware.Interesting piece the proof marks on the top of the barrell or on the bottom would tell you for certain where the barrell is from the problem is it looks pieced together from multiple guns and restocked from the pics provided. Also it looks like it was rebreeched from flint to percussion as the breech area doesn't seem to match exactly. So you may have a earlier originally flintlock barrell with later hardware restocked with the spanish style lock?
Chris

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish looking miquelet lock. Percussion was invented around 1820 so after that and to my eye lookes more 1850-1880 from the rest of the hardware.Interesting piece the proof marks on the top of the barrell or on the bottom would tell you for certain where the barrell is from the problem is it looks pieced together from multiple guns and restocked from the pics provided. Also it looks like it was rebreeched from flint to percussion as the breech area doesn't seem to match exactly. So you may have a earlier originally flintlock barrell with later hardware restocked with the spanish style lock?
Chris

Through searching "miquelet" I managed to come up with this weapon, and the style of the stock, lock, and rebreeched barrel are consistent with the example I posted in the original topic:

Sailor in Saddle

There are no proof marks on the barrel.

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's neat, there's just something about the fit and finish, and the lack of proofs that has me thinking modern repro... Or a gun built from parts....I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh,i was ready to tell ya all about blunderbuss but that is not jack whites album.

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting piece. While I would not disassemble it I found markings under a repro tower pistol under barrel. Not saying this is a repro by that statement.
Seeing few blunderbusses with patchboxes makes it more interesting too. And seeing unmolested screws always nice.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions