Blustery beach blanket bonanza

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Today was a much welcomed relief from the past weeks scorching temps, so, I took a drive to the beach about 3pm and scouted where the most folks were at, went back at 5 and arrived to cool breees, flat surf and lotsa lost clad, I found 11 quarters, 6 dimes 3 nickles, 28 pennies, another flattened penny with the lords prayer on back a lead fishing weight and a soggy cellphone......decided I was gonna go right were the surf breaks and do some wet hunting, well, as soon as I got down to the surf line the ocean came to life, lotsa whitecaps, 40mph winds and sand erosion making a 4 foot drop off from dry sand to wet....all this in a matter of a few minutes.....so, not wanting to get my M6 wet I called it a day, got to the car and it started to rain....but all in all a fun, productive hunt....also met a nice fellow with a tesoro tiger shark hitting the surf...so, ......how was your day...

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
At least you got out for awhile. That's what really matters.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Sounds like a good day to me and it's always nice to run into someone with a different machine. It's a good way to see which toy to buy next!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Any day at a beach would beat the heat here in Oklahoma. Congrats on your finds and making it to the car before the rain started. hehe HH and keep it swinging.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions