BMW find

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife drug this home from a garage sale at a farm. She said she saw the home made signs, and decided to check it out. $5.00 I call her my "BMW" Beautiful Mexican Woman.
The lady at the farm 70 ish said her grandfather brought it back from WWI for his younger brother, but the brother had died while he was overseas. The monkey was put in a trunk and forgotton for many years. I can't verify the story, but makes a good tale.

Attachments

• Box top.jpg
    Box top.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 990
  • Monkey box open.jpg
    Monkey box open.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 989
  • instructions.jpg
    instructions.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 999
  • Monkey.jpg
    Monkey.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,004
OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She has has it for a number of years and just yesterday, I Googled it. I found three for sale asking fron L 65 (whatever that is) to $330. We love it.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
WOW !!!!!!!!!! :o What a great find Looks like an old tin toy made in Germany. You've got the orignal box that adds a lot to the value. I would guess @$250 maybe more ! I would ask a reputible dealer for an exact quote and and insurance value. Keep it in a zip lock bag in a coll dry place, out of direct sunlight. Where was that garage sale again :wink:

Ace Villa-v

Spartacus

Aug 17, 2007
You got a great deal, that climbing monkey looks to be in near mint condition. The paint is in fantastic shape

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread