Boat ramp still spitting up goodies

capt.ken m

Jan 18, 2016
Bradenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back ck to the boat ramp parking area. I've hit this place hard. But it still giving stuff up. First coin was an ihp 1899 kinda beat up. The I got a good signal ,started digging , the first mason jar lid was still on the blue glass. I got excited thinking it may have a coin stash. I pulled the broken jar and lid out. There was still a nice signal in the hole. Then a second lid. The only coin it gave up was the 1919s wheatie. I'll take that. Then some more relics and what looks like an unstamped penny. This is the second one is have found. The first is copper, this one looks like zinc the way it's corroded. Has anyone else found these 20160730_163912.jpg 20160730_163940.jpg 20160730_164000.jpg 20160730_163952.jpg ? Thanks for looking.

Upvote 9

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of finds and congrats to you on the IH - wheaties - nickels and others, was this a fresh water boat ramp area? - Anyway thanks for the pictures and story & I wish you many more great finds.

Texas ED

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you got me thinking and wondering. I went to a park about three weekends ago and notice two boat launch sites there. Definitely will check those out. Probably not your type of luck, but have to try.

OP
OP
C

capt.ken m

Jan 18, 2016
Bradenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The place I'm digging is a vacant lot where a house used to be. It's now a parking area for the city boat ramp. But there has been some kind of dock and ramp for over a hundred years. Since it's grass nobody pays any attention to me digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread